Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

MD8-Q400 ailerons dont work..?

I have the dash8q400 installed for p3dv4. It was working great for many hours, and then all of a sudden out of no where the ailerons wont work any more. Gee wizz I wish I had been more stringent with my pre-flight checks so I didnt crash into the Innsbruck mountain side... :)

In any case, all my other airplanes are fine. I can move the elevator and rudder as normal, but the ailerons dont work. I have checked the config app and reset any faults that might have been. I've also checked the config app to see if my joystick aileron axis is registering, and yes it is indeed showing up and moving just fine there. I have sent Majestic an email asking for an invitation to join their forum (kinda posh isnt it?), but untill then I'd love for any one with some experience with this issue to chime in :)

What I did so far:

* Numerous restarts of the simulator
* Numerous reconfigurations of the aircraft through the config app to set nose wheel steering to mouse and to ailerons.
* Uninstalled the aircraft and used CC cleaner afterwards and then a reboot before reinstallation. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Are you using the standard controls or the 125hz controls?  I’ve had a lot of issues with the 125hz controls staying enabled.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Are you using the standard controls or the 125hz controls?  I’ve had a lot of issues with the 125hz controls staying enabled.

I dont know what that means..?  I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (piece of word not allowed really - getting new one for xmas), thats all I know :)

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

You don't per chance, have the gust lock on.  The black bar in front of the throttles.  I might have tried to take off that way once, but I won't admit it.  :biggrin:  I thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

It’s a different way of having your controls interface with the sim.  If you didn’t enable it though not to worry...it takes a bit of effort to enable.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

but the ailerons dont work

I have more or less the same... On my system they visiually do not move (neither in the cockpit controls display)
but they do operate. It hasn't bothered me enough yet to investigate. My guess it has something to do with assigning the axis through FSUIPC.
BTW: I'm not using the 125Hz functionality

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11