Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16NOV17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Update and some important NOTAMs

Captains,

A few moments ago we pushed a very small update for the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX/P3D users.  This update gives you a couple of cleanup details that the development team thought you would like to have since they were "sitting around collecting dust."

You can obtain the update via the Operations Center, and you can see the change list items in the same location as well, but I have included it for you here for simplicity:

PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster - BUILD 1.20.8430 (Released 15NOV17) [ View Issues ]
==========================================================================
- 0006465: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] FO side trim indicator doesn't move
- 0006474: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] CHT during TO is getting higher with colder OAT
- 0006519: [Documentation] Unlock PDF documents

NOTAM #1:  Monday Server Updates:

On 13NOV17, we updated our eCommerce system, and with this update newer, enhanced privacy measures have been put into place.  The next time you sign in, you may be asked to reset your password and an email confirmation will be sent to your registered email account in order to confirm the change.

If you do not receive the email, we have a few recommendations for you to follow:

Make certain to check the email that you registered as your PMDG eCommerce account email.  This is the email to which the confirmation link will go.

Check your junkmail/spam filter

Exempt @precisionmanuals.com from your spam filter.

If have trouble, please contact us here at support - but please try these recommendations first.

NOTAM #2: Legacy Product Activation Offline

On 13NOV17, we implemented a significant upgrade to our eCommerce system which modernized the encryption methods used by our internal systems.  Shortly after this update we became aware of the fact that the older activation method employed by our legacy (Pre 2009 Publication Date) products was incompatible with the new levels of security.

While we officially ended support for the last of these legacy products in January of 2015, we do feel it is important that you should be able to install the product and operate it if you have a legitimate license to do so. As such, we are dedicating development time to updating the activation method used by these older products in order to ensure customer access to them for years to come.

In the mean time, we apologize for the inconvenience, but we promise to keep working on a solution.

NOTAM #3: Man, oh MAN do you need to see what we are working on.  :-)

We have been holding back on you a bit, as we want to keep a few things close to the vest, but we are rapidly nearing the time when we can start to talk with you about what is coming.  Some stuff you have never imagined, some stuff you probably never expected, and some stuff that will leave you wondering whether we were reading your mind...

I am excited to be able to begin showing off the 747-8, which is rapidly nearing testing.  Flying a 747 around with the use of an electronic checklist is simply a fantastic experience, and some of the other goodies packed into this product will really be fun to show you.

Don't wander too far off...

• Upvote 25

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Sounds good Sir!! 😊

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

I am curious, Blue.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

49 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

we do feel it is important that you should be able to install the product and operate it if you have a legitimate license to do so. As such, we are dedicating development time to updating the activation method used by these older products in order to ensure customer access to them for years to come.

This might not be what most people are excited about in your post, but to me this kind of thing is what separates decent vendors and online stores from the ones I stop dealing with. I have a few older PMDG birds, one or two even on CD/DVD, and whilst I may not use them a lot, if I paid to use 'em, I should be able to do so. Bravo sir.

• Upvote 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

19 minutes ago, Chock said:

This might not be what most people are excited about in your post, but to me this kind of thing is what separates decent vendors and online stores from the ones I stop dealing with. I have a few older PMDG birds, one or two even on CD/DVD, and whilst I may not use them a lot, if I paid to use 'em, I should be able to do so. Bravo sir.

+1

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

737-300,400,500 would be awesome

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

10 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

737-300,400,500 would be awesome

Did they buy the QualityWings 737 CL?

• Upvote 1

Nick Hesler

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Some stuff you have never imagined

Standing by for that Convair 880... :cool:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Standing by for that Convair 880... :cool:

Right next to you. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Some stuff you have never imagined, some stuff you probably never expected, and some stuff that will leave you wondering whether we were reading your mind..

Fantastic! So Boomer and I get our 767's (Dam I'd love to fly it around my home in QF colours...  A sorely missed bird here.) and I also get a 757? :tongue:

But as Chock said, you going out of your way to allow for people to use older products is something that we really shouldn't need to commend people for, it should be what all developers do. (But because I'm a victim of products that I've paid for that no longer work because developers won't allow for the program to run anymore - good on you.)

I also look forward to the 747-8 and great (and realistic - unlike my dreams of a 757/767) news in the future!

45 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

Did they buy the QualityWings 737 CL?

Doubt that...

I'm still hoping for a 737 MAX. An LED upgrade (strobes, landing light etc) for the 737NG would be nice as well... 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

So anyway, about that DC-3...

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury