rsrandazzo

[16NOV17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Update and some important NOTAMs

13 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

but you have to admit (yes you do :P) that

- never imagined

- never expected

- whether we were reading your mind

all mixed up in one sentence would absolutely be a newly done MD11 :D

I suppose that depends on who you talk to. One could have easily said the 757, 767, 777-200ER, or 787.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I know I am thinking the impossible, but a project that would definitely win the "biggest surprise" prize would be a G550/G650. Would surely qualify as never imagined and never expected. And yes I know about how "cooperative" Gulfstream is with Flight Simming. But oh my wouldn't that be something... one can always dream :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

I know I am thinking the impossible, but a project that would definitely win the "biggest surprise" prize would be a G550/G650. Would surely qualify as never imagined and never expected. And yes I know about how "cooperative" Gulfstream is with Flight Simming. But oh my wouldn't that be something... one can always dream :biggrin:

Not going to happen unless they want to be sued by Gulf Stream. There is a reason you don't see one now. 

Again I don't see how some stuff translates to a new plane. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 hours ago, Chock said:

Well it's not likely to be a DC-8, or at least if it is then it'll be a bit mad because then there'll be three of them for P3D, although to be fair, you could never have too many Greasy Eights. And as much as I'd love a Convair 880 or 990, it's a bit obscure for most people's tastes, although if it was good enough for Elvis, then it's good enough for anyone else.

But a 720 or a 707, now that would make sense. I know there's the CS one, and one for XPlane, although that one's a bit grim, then again there's a couple of DC-6s in addition to the PMDG one and it doesn't appear to have put people off buying the PMDG one. So a PMDG Lead Sled in Starship colours would be very cool for those 1975 Led Zeppelin Tour simulations.

Or, they could always saw a few feet off the DC-6, weld it back together and make a DC-4 when they've got five minutes to spare. No need to bother with any avionics or even any beta testing, after all, Carenado seem to get away with it. :cool:

"The song Remains The Same"...:gaul:

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

An update on the NGX with correct cockpit window geometrics, schimtar winglets, intelligent time compress, ACARS and LED lighting. Please Santa please!

• Upvote 3

Vic green

Gents,

The following two points will likely kill all discussion in this thread, but I'll make them anyway.

What we are doing has nothing whatever to do with an MD-11 and even less to do with XPlane...

Okay that is a run-on point...  but you get my point(s). :cool:

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

No offense, people... but ...

... how come, every thread that's opened at the PMDG forum, ends up with complaint, that the legacy MD-11 doesn't exists for P3D?!

We know - you want the MD-11 ... the topic been posted, replied and answered to, a million times. PMDG won't do it - for reasons already explained... 

Never say never.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

+1 for seeing the MD-11 updated for P3Dv4 - but I realize that will never happen, and I fully understand why.  (But a sim pilot can dream...)

Good for PMDG for continuing to make the installers work for those of us who own the legacy products, though.  This customer very much appreciates that!  I still do fly around in the MD-11 on FSX on occasion.

Call me a natural pessimist, but I kind of figured that whatever PMDG is holding out on us was mostly incremental stuff for their already-existing products.  That said, I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong on that particular point!

14 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

The following two points will likely kill all discussion in this thread, but I'll make them anyway.

What we are doing has nothing whatever to do with an MD-11 and even less to do with XPlane...

Ah ha!  You didn't not say you may not be working on a new 767...err yeah.

spacer.png

- never imagined: military jet, helicopter (civil or mil)...

- never expected: a PMDG GA aircraft, light or turboprop twin (King Air etc). PMDG did the 1900 in the past though.

- whether we were reading your mind: PMDG DC-3

Mauricio Brentano

40 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

So there's a chance for a 767 :ph34r:

Moses Velasquez

Epic troll post:

The guesses here are entertaining.

...oh, and I can't wait til you all see it.

That is all. :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Epic troll post:

The guesses here are entertaining.

...oh, and I can't wait til you all see it.

That is all. :ph34r:

Then why wait , i thought pmdg was all about being kind to others :p , show it , share it with us  noww sir , be kind be kind :p

Oh also, will the upcoming woodpigeon have electronic checklists 😁

Kind Regards

jaffer