Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16NOV17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Update and some important NOTAMs

You know, Kyle, you really do PMDG no favours with your response attitudes. As a paying customer for both the 737 and 747 for both FSX and P3Dv4, which is a lot of cash, I have the right to air my opinions without being sycophantic towards PMDG.  If you only ever received non-critical plaudits, you wouldn’t know what people want from PMDG and therefore where your market is and you wouldn’t know what needs fixing. And if people weren’t here to comment on it, you wouldn’t have a forum. 

‘Got delayed for a bit’ 10 months and counting.

(for free, mind you) I didn’t have the v3 versions so it wasn’t free for me.

39 minutes ago, junkyspam7 said:

You know, Kyle, you really do PMDG no favours with your response attitudes. As a paying customer for both the 737 and 747 for both FSX and P3Dv4, which is a lot of cash, I have the right to air my opinions without being sycophantic towards PMDG.  If you only ever received non-critical plaudits, you wouldn’t know what people want from PMDG and therefore where your market is and you wouldn’t know what needs fixing. And if people weren’t here to comment on it, you wouldn’t have a forum. 

If you dish it out you should be prepared to take it.

• Upvote 4

David Porrett

On 11/15/2017 at 10:07 PM, Alan_A said:

Standing by for that Convair 880... :cool:

I'd love it, but I fear we will be standing by for a very very long time!

Perhaps they finally purchased the Level D work and are going to develop their 757...it would be fun to see this mythical creature appear out of the mists of the past...

Colin 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JPLS said:

Maybe the new 777X... Did PMDG made this VC for Boeing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOJnj_tLD4s

Of course the actual PMDG 777 VC is better, but this could be only a commercial job for Boeing and the begin of a new era :)

I built my last desktop for fs in 2010 and I'm not going to lie I haven't simmed in about 3 years, but that would convince me to build a new one start upgrading to the new stuff. The would be so freaking cool if that was the case.

Another reason is because I want to go the VR route and nothing has come out to pique my interest, yet. But that's a different story.

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

If you dish it out you should be prepared to take it.

True story. ..and I ain't no fan bois.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

4 hours ago, MatthewS said:

+1 for a 767

+17...I saw 16 others lately say the same...err, really, true story.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

You know, Kyle, you really do PMDG no favours with your response attitudes. As a paying customer for both the 737 and 747 for both FSX and P3Dv4, which is a lot of cash, I have the right to air my opinions without being sycophantic towards PMDG

We’ve been through this before, being a paying customer doesn’t mean you get to come into their forums like that. A polite thing would have been to simply ask how it’s progressing, and considering RSR mentioned in THIS post that we’re almost to the point where we will get to see previews of it, it isn’t exactly a unicorn. 

2 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

Got delayed for a bit’ 10 months and counting.

But you got all of your planes in v4, didn’t you? It was free for people with the P3D version, it’s well known that PMDG don’t do cross platform upgrade discounts. Just because you didn’t buy the P3D version doesn’t give you the right to complain about it. You paid the same for the P3D version that everyone did, you just did so at a later time on v4 rather than v3.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

You may have the 'right to air your opinion' but you do not have 'the right' to do anything in here. Byt the way, I really hate that expression, to be honest. Not the freedom of speech conecpt, but the self promoting attitude/right of free speech. Mostly because it's either used wrong or doesn't fit the circumstances of which it's proclaimed.

This may be a public forum, but it isn't a freedom-of-speech forum - even if it's close. This forum is the domain of PMDG and it's moderated by PMDG's moderation team - hence you can put away your self righteous 'I have the right to air everything which come to mind' attitude. PMDG lays down the law, of what you can talk utter in here.

I'm not going to defend Kyle - he can fight his own battles. Suffice to say, I personally can't find anything wrong with his response. You started out by making a rather unjust and harsh comment leveled at PMDG. He gave back with a professional response which pointed the facts.

Quite frankly, if you're so unhappy about the status of things, you're more than entitled to open up your own blog, and write about it there...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

A forum is by it’s very meaning a discussion but if you can’t have a contrary opinion then all this becomes is a corporate tow-the-party-line website where they make hype statements and get sycophantic replies.

For a forum to survive and thrive, it needs to welcome different views, opinions and arguments from multiple people.  If that’s not what this is, then, my mistake.

10 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

As a paying customer for both the 737 and 747 for both FSX and P3Dv4, which is a lot of cash, I have the right to air my opinions 

So you got what you paid for.  Transaction completed. 

And no, it doesn't buy you the right to act like a plank and then become offended when called up on it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, junkyspam7 said:

A forum is by it’s very meaning a discussion but if you can’t have a contrary opinion then all this becomes is a corporate tow-the-party-line website where they make hype statements and get sycophantic replies.

For a forum to survive and thrive, it needs to welcome different views, opinions and arguments from multiple people.  If that’s not what this is, then, my mistake.

I've never said, that you were not allowed to have an opinion. I only pointed out, that there are (some) restrictions in this forum, as to what you can write, and how you can voice set opinion! 

Actually that's how it works in real life as well... 

As for this particular example, you are (and everyone else is) required to oblige by the rules as laid out in the general code of conduct, but more specifically - with regards to this forum - the rules laid out by PMDG, since this is their forum.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

25 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

They bought the QW 737 CL

I wasn't aware, that QualityWings managed to sell the 737 CL to anybody?! 
They said in a statement, that they sought the possibility of doing so, but they failed to do it, since they couldn't agree on pricing, rights etc...

Also, I somehow highly doubt, that PMDG would purchase a half-finished project and not develop something from scratch themselves...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--