Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16NOV17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Update and some important NOTAMs

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Captain Sim have an L1011, and if they are indeed working on a new plane, it’s going to be glass cockpit due to market demand and lack of demand for older stuff like you mentioned.

And you know this for sure?  Did they not make us a DC-6?

9 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ah, I take it we won't see you on the BMS forums then? 

Not ruling it out, it might happen:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Yep, they are porting it to v4 as well.

Hi.

I had the capt sim C130 B52 B707 B727  F104 , weather radar, but have NEVER SEEN a DC-6 on the captain sim web site , are you mistaking them for somebody else.

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

57 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Just Flight not Captain Sim...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Regards,

I was referring to the L1011.

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I was referring to the L1011.

Sorry, corrected...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

22 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Sorry, corrected...

Regards,

All good.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I don't get why they even tease us like this. I'll be constantly checking for news now, even multiple times a day just to notice there isn't anything yet. Which is sheer agony.

Ryan, this is marketing I guess. If the teasing brings you to constantly check for news, you're already a very likely customer, at least you stick to the label, I call that the Apple effect. That I say without any critical undercurrent. However, I'm also thinking that too much teasing might backfire. Many people here seem to have already made up their minds about what they wish for or what they expect PMDG to do next. The danger of disappointment is big, but then again, PMDG know the marketing psychology probably better than me.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

46 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Regards,

I was referring to PMDG.  Milton claimed above that PMDG will not be making anything older because it won't sell.  So I brought up the DC-6.

4 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Captain Sim have an L1011, and if they are indeed working on a new plane, it’s going to be glass cockpit due to market demand and lack of demand for older stuff like you mentioned.

I have the CS L1011, but its not for P3Dv4 and it also is not PMDG level of detail. It feels very basic (also compared to their B737 and B707)

19 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

You know, Kyle, you really do PMDG no favours with your response attitudes. As a paying customer for both the 737 and 747 for both FSX and P3Dv4, which is a lot of cash, I have the right to air my opinions without being sycophantic towards PMDG.  If you only ever received non-critical plaudits, you wouldn’t know what people want from PMDG and therefore where your market is and you wouldn’t know what needs fixing. And if people weren’t here to comment on it, you wouldn’t have a forum. 

‘Got delayed for a bit’ 10 months and counting.

(for free, mind you) I didn’t have the v3 versions so it wasn’t free for me.

James,

While you don't actually have the right to air an opinion here (check the AVSIM ToS - not even a PMDG rule, as this is AVSIM's private forum, hosted on their servers), we certainly encourage you to do so. There is a Grand Canyon of a gap between freely airing an opinion and being shielded from criticism of that opinion, however.

It is my opinion that raisins should never be in cookies. If I air that opinion in front of my father, who was raised on my late grandmother's chocolate-raisin oatmeal cookies, I can expect a hearty debate, and potentially even a few quips and barbs for being uncultured. I'm certainly allowed to express that opinion, but being welcomed to express an opinion is not a guarantee that it won't be questioned or criticized. Unfortunately, in the last few years, it seems people have started to associate the two concepts.

This is the case when you're somewhat misrepresenting/ignoring the facts of the situation. You may be expressing an opinion, but if that opinion doesn't acknowledge the context of the situation, you can expect it to be questioned by those who understand them. I see that you're displeased with the length of time the 747-8 is taking. I welcome you to lean how to code and parse through the entire FCOMs and other manuals (multiple times) to ensure you've caught all the differences between the aircraft versions.

By all means, express your opinion, but if it seems questionable, or worth questioning, it will be questioned...and rightfully so.

...after all, you said it yourself: this is a forum, which is used for discussion.

• Upvote 10

Kyle Rodgers

Great response Kyle.

Mr. Rogers is a very well educated young man and very knowledgeable in bringing the aviation world to us through the computer and really impresses me with his knowledge of both. He can be a little caustic at times but so would your chief pilot if you were with an airline so I figure that adds to the immersion and realism of simming.

Kyle, we love ya man! Keep it up!

Vic green

47 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Kyle, we love ya man! Keep it up!

Now careful lest you be accused of being a sycophant.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png