Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[16NOV17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Update and some important NOTAMs

6 minutes ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Its the old aesop fable: the man the boy and the donkey. No matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone.

The only winning move is not to play... :-P

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

So annoying to see that RSR was online some hours ago without having news posted :D
Is it already a kind of stalking? Or just a kind of crazy?! :D

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

On 11/21/2017 at 11:01 PM, xTiMm_ said:

So annoying to see that RSR was online some hours ago without having news posted :D
Is it already a kind of stalking? Or just a kind of crazy?! :D

It's just what happens when you get promised something fantastic but without any tangible information. People get overly attracted to it because there are no facts restraining their tickled fancy.

• Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

It's just what happens when you get promised something fantastic but without any tangible information. People get overly attracted to it because there are no facts restraining their tickled fancy.

I demand my money back! - David Lee

17 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I demand my money back! - David Lee

No need to go that far but there will be disappointed people when it's not what they hoped for (me included...).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 hours ago, threegreen said:

No need to go that far but there will be disappointed people when it's not what they hoped for (me included...).

At the very least, it’ll be something great even if it isn’t exactly what you wanted.

This crying for announcement is funny.  Where or when did you get he idea that something was imminent?  RSR said in the OP that they were working on some things and that, historically, means several months at least.  Calm down.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Seems to be two guys who can start a forum riot just by making an appearance, Rob Randazzo and Byron York. Is this the definition of rock star?

• Upvote 2

Vic green

31 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

This crying for announcement is funny.  Where or when did you get he idea that something was imminent?  RSR said in the OP that they were working on some things and that, historically, means several months at least.  Calm down.

I think it was the part "don't wander too far off" and "we're rapidly approaching the point where we can share this with you". 747-8 previews shouldn't be too far off, that should hold us over until they can share the cool stuff they are working on with us, which should be close to when the -8 enters beta.

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

"we're rapidly approaching the point where we can share this with you".

Yeah, RSR will get eager to see a project get to a milestone such as tech or beta testing and mention it here.  Then the reality of developing a complex software tempers the eagerness, and the milestone slips further into the future. I've seen this consistently for the past 10 years.  Consider statements like "rapidly approaching" the same as a tweet.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

Calm down.

No, and you can't make me... ;-)

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Seriously guys, go do something else or actually FLY your sim. I think you've all been here long enough to know that Robert will only show something once it is fairly polished or is about to enter beta testing. Some of you might not agree with this way of going about previews but there are developers, like A2A, who barealy show any previews and just release stuff. On the other hand there are dev's like Aerosoft, who show every step and every little progress of their development. 

I resonally like the PMDG way of doing things, even though it can take quite long sometimes, due to them being side-tracked by a new sim platform or updates. It's really like reading a new edition of a magazine or wathcing a movie trailer, whenever there's a new major preview post from Robert.