Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

VR and SLI

Has anyone seen any advantage hooking up SLI for VR use.

I read here on the forms that the headset passes through the GPU as if unnoticed, therefore even the NI control panel is useless.

Does this mean SLI will not deliver more FPS horsepower to the headset.

I’m so love’n P3Dv4.1 Native VR for its awesomeness and vision clarity, but I keep wanting more and it frustrates me when I need to use Flyinside when I elect to fly a PMDG aircraft into a 3rd party airport. Obviously Flyinside gives me a smooth ride at the cost of resolution. Which is like going from an flat screen TV to an old CRT box TV which some of you kids have only seen in museums.

LM sorta say P3D is more GPU hungry which leads me to believe another GPU might help.

I have a 6800k 4.6 with a Titan XP.

(or do I need a faster CPU to notice anything)

Thx

IM

I believe that Sli and VR work with P3D via Flyinside but that framerate enhancement was/is negligible.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, HiFlyer said:

I believe that Sli and VR work with P3D via Flyinside but that framerate enhancement was/is negligible.

actually I used flyinside with P3D and SLI and loved it - made the FPS more stable and was very playable....the weird

thing for XP11 (my main sim) - flyinside did not implement it for this version - which actually made it

unplayable (maybe because currently XP11 does not support SLI.....)- good news is XP11 will have native VR support soon......................

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Jordan Coomes said:

VR cannot be used with SLI - it will only utilize one of the cards performance. However you can assign one GPU per Eye, which will significantly increase performance - see here for more details:

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/vrsli

ok - assume that's what flyinside must have done for P3D - which has a SLI option?

On 21/11/2017 at 2:53 AM, Jordan Coomes said:

VR cannot be used with SLI - it will only utilize one of the cards performance. However you can assign one GPU per Eye, which will significantly increase performance - see here for more details:

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/vrsli

Nice Post, 

you have just made my day.

Downside is I’ll need to go out and buy another Titan Xp.

But first I’ll go back and read the rest of the link you provided to workout how to actually make it work per eye.

thx again

Ok done the reading.,

thinking I’ll replace my Titan X (pascal) for two 1080 ti’s and try to achieve what Nvidia is stating.

Anyone computer savvy enough to know how this is going to be setup. I’m assuming via the Nvidia control panel.

I’m a little confused how the CP will do this and the article talks about a Virtual Reality APPs. Does this mean the setup is done through the head units software manufacturer and not the NI CP.

If so this would mean waiting for Pimax (I have the Pimax 4K) to update their software in my case. 

thx

Done a bit more research and I’m still not absolutely sure but it looks like Flyinside for P3Dv4 is VR-SLI ready.

Anyone know if P3Dv4.1 Native is VR-SLI ready?

thx