Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Can you export a Flight Plan?

Is there any way to export a flight plan? I have worked out how to import one ok, but the other way does not seem to work. And by "Export", I mean to simply save it.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Hi, this is not possible at this time, but we are looking into ways to do so.

what would be the purpose/use of the exported flight plan for you?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I never thought of this but I can see making a plan in the GTN and "sharing" it.

Can't one just use Little NavMap to load up and then resave in other formats, would than not qualify as export?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I could imagine a text file format, that can be pasted directly into e.g. ForeFlight WEB (and then view on a tablet), and one for Navigraph Charts.

I really like to do the same range of flights over and over again (in FSE). So it would be nice to have a range of flights already saved in the Catalog that I can simply load and use. I see that one of my flight plans does seem to have saved itself in the Catalog, so I guess it is possible. I need to investigate further.

I don't really need an export to any third party program. As I said in the original post, I really only need to save the current flight plan.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

18 minutes ago, kneighbour said:

I really like to do the same range of flights over and over again (in FSE). So it would be nice to have a range of flights already saved in the Catalog that I can simply load and use. I see that one of my flight plans does seem to have saved itself in the Catalog, so I guess it is possible. I need to investigate further.

I don't really need an export to any third party program. As I said in the original post, I really only need to save the current flight plan.

You can save flight plans to catalog. I have all my usual routes stored there. No problem with that.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

You can save flight plans to catalog. I have all my usual routes stored there. No problem with that.

Thanks - yes, I noted that 1 of mine had somehow got saved. Will work it out. Bit of a learning curve, I guess. 

It is as good system. By far my biggest "problem" is that Garmin does not support the whole world. A lot of airports and procedures simply are missing from the DB. Ah well, nothing to do with you guys. 

On 11/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, RXP said:

Hi, this is not possible at this time, but we are looking into ways to do so.

what would be the purpose/use of the exported flight plan for you?

Export fpl created on 750 unit (i like to create FP on the unit) and import it to 650 (a manual crossfill 😄 )

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X