Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Gibraltar professional available now

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'll post some pics after I download and install

Please do.

This is an airport I didn't have in my sim before but maybe it's time to get it now in P3Dv4. Sure is a cool airport and location!

Richard Åsberg

56 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Well, Aerosoft LGSR was never ported to P3D as far as I know and I don't know any other LGSR scenery.

So I pray for them to update it :-)

I doubt we will ever see an updated version. Lars found a way to fix the autogen in LGSK. If you remember, the FSX version of LGSR had it's own AG and performance was awful.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

FYI, it seems that the new Firefox is causing the issue. Downloading OK with MS Edge.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

FYI, it seems that the new Firefox is causing the issue. Downloading OK with MS Edge.

It could be because Firefox stopped loading website using SSL certificates with SHA1.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to complain because the upgrade price was fair.

You be the judge.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Jose

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the screenshots!

Again, a very cool destination but not too impressive IMO considering it's a 2017 Pro product made for P3Dv4.

Guess I'm a bit spoiled with some other really impressive products such as those developed by Jo Erland not to mention most of FlyTampa's sceneries which really makes you feel you're at the actual airport IRL.

SimWings' products never really impressed on me. They are not bad but neither are they good with an overall rather mediocre visual quality compared to many other products out there.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

19 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Again, a very cool destination but not too impressive IMO considering it's a 2017 Pro product made for P3Dv4.

Guess I'm a bit spoiled with some other really impressive products such as those developed by Jo Erland not to mention most of FlyTampa's sceneries which really makes you feel you're at the actual airport IRL.

SimWings' products never really impressed on me. They are not bad but neither are they good with an overall rather mediocre visual quality compared to many other products out there.

True, but you are very hard to pelase Richard lol

Simbol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

True, but you are very hard to pelase Richard lol

Simbol

Maybe you're right :laugh:

However as already mentioned, some never fail to such as Jo and FlyTampa so it might be hard but not impossible :laugh:

Richard Åsberg

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Do they simulate people and cars crossing the runway? that would be cool ha-ha

Simbol

Maybe that's in an alternative product: Gibraltar Unprofessional :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

No crossing traffic as "it is not technically possible in v4 now" ist the info from OPabst.

Sure, not with your AES but likely with SODE ;-)

Yeah, its a bummer we will never see SODE in any product produced by O Pabst....I wonder why ;) Official reason is that developers are afraid that Jeffrey might abandon SODE at some point as its his private project and he didnt do it for profit. Unlike the totally not abandoned AES which will come to P3D latest 2025

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I think in terms of texture quality and features, v4 of Gibraltar is a downgrade from FSX.SimWings has been hit and miss. Their PANC & PAFA are outstanding, but La Palma (FSX version) had some ground flickering that took months to address.

I also read some good things about EGLL. At AS new prices, their devs need to step up or go back and price their add-ons accordingly.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

:biggrin:

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I think in terms of texture quality and features, v4 of Gibraltar is a downgrade from FSX.SimWings has been hit and miss. Their PANC & PAFA are outstanding, but La Palma (FSX version) had some ground flickering that took months to address.

I also read some good things about EGLL. At AS new prices, their devs need to step up or go back and price their add-ons accordingly.

Agree.

Now with P3Dv4 and everything that comes with it where developers will have less limitations in combination with new techniques this will really show what developers are on top of things and what developers are not and remain developing old style products.

There are however a few exceptions. I installed Budapest from LH Simulations not long ago and must say this scenery really is an impressive scenery considering its age. Looking at the 3D grass for example which really looks like true grass compared to many other products where I always switch 3D grass off if possible simply because it looks highly unrealistic.

Richard Åsberg

34 minutes ago, Chock said:

I am just wondering how many times pilots have heard: Go around people on the runway were too slow and lazzy to vacate!

Simbol