Sign in to follow this  
JOEL777

p3d V4 graphic issue

Hi everybody,

I hope you will help me. 

I have a graphic issue with my P3d V4, but it did the same with V3. It is difficult for me to discribe it so hereafter you will found a link to some screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qr1bvvldrr9zipm/AADbTsW5CJGn5BdnrDVzu0TYa?dl=0

I have already updated my invidia graphic card, I have already re-installed prepar3d with the latest version. I have uninstalled all previous addons.

Could anyone help me to solve the issue please? Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Joël

Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
           Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
       System Model: All Series
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/19/13 17:31:09 Ver: 14.05
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16256MB RAM
          Page File: 6864MB used, 25645MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Hi Joel

Have you tried lowering your graphic settings? Cleared shaders?

Did you mean that you have upgraded drivers for your graphic card or have you swapped/changed the graphics card itself? If driver only, have you tried with a different graphics card?

Did you try delete the Prepar3d.cfg and have it rebuilt?  What's you have is weird and I have never seen this before.  This is with vanilla install right? no addons?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

37 minutes ago, JOEL777 said:

I have already re-installed prepar3d with the latest version. I have uninstalled all previous addons.

Hi

As you have already Uninstalled all your Add On's try this...............

Remove your 3 generated folders automatically by following the step below 

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left Click on the file  Delete Generated Files 

34850617330_b36e22ac6f_o.png

After you do this, Launch Prepar3D and test

This will eliminate your .cfg files from this Issue  

Joel, which graphic card you have? I don't see it listed, so i just want to be sure that you have one...

Hi poppet

thank you for your answer. I have already tried to double click on the "Delete Generated Files" icon in this folder, but I still have this issue.

Joël 

lodestar,

the exact model of my graphic card is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, by Gigabyte

Joël

Hi Tokitaumelie,

I have only updated my graphic card with the latest drivers, I havn't tried to change it. I going to try now with the mother board graphic card.

Thank you for your help!

Joël

Hi Joel

Try this.....

Remove all USB devices from your computer Including extra monitors (except keyboard and mouse)   Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Hi Anxu00,

I have tried by deleting all files! and re-install using the procedure in the p3d manual... What is vanilla install?

Thank you for you help!

Joël

4 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hi Joel

Try this.....

Remove all USB devices Including extra monitors (except keyboard and mouse)   Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Thank you Poppet.

I am trying it right now!

Could you provide your nVidia Control Panel settings including the driver version you have installed?  (latest version is 388.31).

Here is what I recommend:

1.  If your graphics card is overclocked, then disable overclocking and use OEM frequency, test again, if problem is the same then continue
2.  Verify your nVidia Drivers are installed to latest version (nVidia Experience should auto update if you have that installed/enabled)
3.  Download the nVidia Drivers from Here
4.  If the drivers are correct then get DDU - unzip/extract
5.  Boot into Safe mode and run DDU (this will clear out all your nVidia settings/drivers)
6.  When DDU completes and boots back into windows, run the nvidia 388.31 installer (make sure any AntiVirus software you have is temporarily disabled when you install the drivers)
7.  After drivers install, reboot
8.  Delete the P3D shaders folder
9.  Run P3D V4.x and report back

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: disable the onboard GPU via your BIOS/EFI

2 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Could you provide your nVidia Control Panel settings including the driver version you have installed?  (latest version is 388.31).

1.  If your graphics card is overclocked, then disable overclocking and use OEM frequency, test again, if problem is the same then continue
2.  Verify your nVidia Drivers are installed to latest version (nVidia Experience should auto update if you have that installed/enabled)
5.  Boot into Safe mode and run DDU (this will clear out all your nVidia settings/drivers)
6.  When DDU completes and boots back into windows, run the nvidia 388.31 installer (make sure any AntiVirus software you have is temporarily disabled when you install the drivers)

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

thank you very much. I will follow your procedure right now. and report back.

Cheers, Joël

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Dear Rob,

after following your procedure, unfortunatenly I still have the issue. Nevertheless, the issue dissapears when  activating the onboard GPU and disactivating the invidia GTX 780 TI graphic card.

It's strange because I have no issue with other software like X_plane11... I dont know what's going on with my graphic card??? It cost me a arm! 

Anyway, thank you all for your help! 

Cheers,

Joël