Sign in to follow this  
JOEL777

p3d V4 graphic issue

12 minutes ago, JOEL777 said:

Nevertheless, the issue dissapears when  activating the onboard GPU and disactivating the invidia GTX 780 TI graphic card.

Interesting, I didn't think P3D V4.x even supported the Intel HD 4600, so you have me puzzled as to why only the HD4600 is working and not the 780Ti.  After you disabled the HD 4600 did you delete your Prepar3d.cfg?

Are you running multiple monitors?  

The difference between XP11 and P3D is the OpenGL for XP11 and DX for P3D.  Is the 780Ti working with other DX games/sims?

Cheers, Rob.

i helped someone with some addon loading / activation issues a couple of months ago and he was running p3d and FSL A320 without dedicated GPU.

Joel, this is the reason i asked if you have a GPU. And Rob, yes, it actually works, of course with lower settings and bad fps. This makes me think that maybe is something wrong with the GPU, becouse i had similar issue on my first FSX PC when i tried to force high settings with complex addons and weak GPU(i think it was GeForce 8800 GTX :laugh: ).

But it can be configuration issue.

Joel, just folow Rob's recommendation carefully, the shader folder you need to delete(after new driver installation)is located in C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. You can delete entire folder. Do not delete "ShadersHLSL" located in main P3D folder

I think most onboard graphics cards are disabled once a GPU is plugged in to the MB.  Have you tried TechPowerUP GPU-Z?  It will give you a definite answer as to whether or not your GPU can managed the stresses of the sim.  I'm going with Zeljko on this one.

Question:  While rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg does it take into account the system and adjust settings as the default or are the default settings the same across the board?

Hey Rob, thanks for chiming in about driver cleaner earlier on, it fixed an issue I was having while installing new drivers.

\Robert Hamlich/

My first bet is a defective GPU. I remember one of my card had the same problem, but you said X-Plane is running fine with your card. Perhaps X-PLane is not using the same kind of rendering than P3D...

What power supply are you using in your rig (brand and watts) ?

Mike

14 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Interesting, I didn't think P3D V4.x even supported the Intel HD 4600, so you have me puzzled as to why only the HD4600 is working and not the 780Ti.  After you disabled the HD 4600 did you delete your Prepar3d.cfg?

Are you running multiple monitors?  

The difference between XP11 and P3D is the OpenGL for XP11 and DX for P3D.  Is the 780Ti working with other DX games/sims?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, what is even more interesting is that I have enabled the HD4600 with one monitor as the primary display and I have used the GTX780Ti with two monitors:

-When I run P3D in window mode on the HD4600 monitor, except the very bad fps, the issue is not present.

-When I drag the P3D window on either monitor of the GTX780Ti, the issue is back.

According to what you have said, I have a DX problem. So I have installed "Heaven Benchmark" (DX) from invidia and tried different configuration (versions) of DX. I have noticed that there is a problem, it is less emphasised than P3D, but it seems the same.

I hope that is not a hardware issue on the GTX780Ti...

thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

13 hours ago, lodestar said:

i helped someone with some addon loading / activation issues a couple of months ago and he was running p3d and FSL A320 without dedicated GPU.

Joel, this is the reason i asked if you have a GPU. And Rob, yes, it actually works, of course with lower settings and bad fps. This makes me think that maybe is something wrong with the GPU, becouse i had similar issue on my first FSX PC when i tried to force high settings with complex addons and weak GPU(i think it was GeForce 8800 GTX :laugh: ).

But it can be configuration issue.

Joel, just folow Rob's recommendation carefully, the shader folder you need to delete(after new driver installation)is located in C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. You can delete entire folder. Do not delete "ShadersHLSL" located in main P3D folder

Hi Lodestar,

you are right, there is something wrong with the GTX780Ti.

I did follow carefully Rob's recommandations and I used the "delete generated files" icon to clean all relevante P3D folders.

I'am affraid that I have a hardware issue :(

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

6 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

I think most onboard graphics cards are disabled once a GPU is plugged in to the MB.  Have you tried TechPowerUP GPU-Z?  It will give you a definite answer as to whether or not your GPU can managed the stresses of the sim.  I'm going with Zeljko on this one.

Question:  While rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg does it take into account the system and adjust settings as the default or are the default settings the same across the board?

Hey Rob, thanks for chiming in about driver cleaner earlier on, it fixed an issue I was having while installing new drivers.

Hi Hussar,

I will try TechPowerUP GPU-Z to find out more.

My Prepar3D.cfg is the default one, I am not clever enought to modify it. And I noticed that the issue apears with other DX program like "Heaven benchmark". :( I will be very happy if it's just a configation issue...

Thank a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

5 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

My first bet is a defective GPU. I remember one of my card had the same problem, but you said X-Plane is running fine with your card. Perhaps X-PLane is not using the same kind of rendering than P3D...

What power supply are you using in your rig (brand and watts) ?

Mike

Hi Mikelab6,

thank you.

I am afraid that you are right! My GPU seems to have a problem :(

my power supply is a corsair AX760, 760Watts.

Cheers,

Joël

Hi Joel,

Another process you can try:

1.  Run DDU in safe mode again to remove the driver, except this time select NEW GPU installation option
2.  Remove your 780Ti and relocate it to another PCIe slot and make sure it's firmly locked into place (most PCIe slots will have a locking tab, make sure that's fully locked in place)
3.  Verify the additional power cable for the 780 is for VGA PCIe (plugs are usually labelled) and is plugged into the correct PSU slot (if you have a modular PSU this should be labelled PCIe VGA also or could just be PCIe or GPU label, just make sure it's not SATA or AUX)
4.  Re-install the latest drivers when you boot back into the PC

What has me a little puzzled is why the card would work for OpenGL API (XP11) but not DX API (P3D) ... I would expect a hardware problem to surface regardless of the games/sim's graphics API usage.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Joel,

Another process you can try:

1.  Run DDU in safe mode again to remove the driver, except this time select NEW GPU installation option
2.  Remove your 780Ti and relocate it to another PCIe slot and make sure it's firmly locked into place (most PCIe slots will have a locking tab, make sure that's fully locked in place)
3.  Verify the additional power cable for the 780 is for VGA PCIe (plugs are usually labelled) and is plugged into the correct PSU slot (if you have a modular PSU this should be labelled PCIe VGA also or could just be PCIe or GPU label, just make sure it's not SATA or AUX)
4.  Re-install the latest drivers when you boot back into the PC

What has me a little puzzled is why the card would work for OpenGL API (XP11) but not DX API (P3D) ... I would expect a hardware problem to surface regardless of the games/sim's graphics API usage.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank's a lot Rob!

I have got another PCIe slot. I will follow your process from 1 to 4. I will let you know as soon as I finished.

Cheers, Joël

On 17/11/2017 at 9:34 PM, JOEL777 said:

Thank's a lot Rob!

I have got another PCIe slot. I will follow your process from 1 to 4. I will let you know as soon as I finished.

Cheers, Joël

Hi Rob, Hi everybody,

First of all, thank's to you all for your help!

Unfortunatly, I will have to buy another Graphics card, I tried to plug the GTX780 TI in an other PCIe slot and the issue was present. I have concluded that it's a hardware issue.

My Mother Board is an Asus Z87-PLUS, any idea of a good graphics card that could replace my GTX780 Ti?

Edited by JOEL777

4 hours ago, JOEL777 said:

My Mother Board is an Asus Z87-PLUS, any idea of a good graphics card that could replace my GTX780 Ti?

I'm running a Geforce GTX 1080Ti on a Z87k , I7 4770 at 4.4 o/c PSU 550

bob

4 hours ago, JOEL777 said:

I have concluded that it's a hardware issue.

It's sounding like that, about the only other thing you can do to absolutely verify it's a problem with the GTX780Ti is to put the card in another PC and test (if you have another PC or a friend or anyone else you know willing to help).  I'd hate to see you buy another GPU only to have the same problem when you install it back in the same motherboard.

Cheers, Rob.

On 20 novembre 2017 at 4:39 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

It's sounding like that, about the only other thing you can do to absolutely verify it's a problem with the GTX780Ti is to put the card in another PC and test (if you have another PC or a friend or anyone else you know willing to help).  I'd hate to see you buy another GPU only to have the same problem when you install it back in the same motherboard.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, you are definatly right, those cards are so expensive, I will try to find a  other PC to check, before investing...

For now I must focus on my IRME renewals... I will use xplane, my test is on monday.

I will let you know if it's really the graphics card or another device on my pc that causes the issue. Thank you again! Cheers, Joël 

On 20 novembre 2017 at 4:12 PM, onebob said:

I'm running a Geforce GTX 1080Ti on a Z87k , I7 4770 at 4.4 o/c PSU 550

bob

Hi Bob, thank you for your answer! Your card looks great but it's still to expensive for me.

I think I will Check a bit deaper, as Rob said I must Check my GTX780 Ti on a other PC.

I just want to fly Fslab A320 on P3d V4, in a operational way. For the moment my pc's Displays are Just FHD, without DisplayPort...

If any card could give a 30fps with multiple Displays (3) and good p3d textures in the range of 25 nautical milles around a detailled runaway... It would be good for me.  Cheers, Joël 

On 20/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

HI Rob,

the problem was the GTX780TI. :( I had to buy another one that works fine.

Thank you very much to all off you for your help!I dont know how to tag the post as solved...

Cheers, Joël