Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Taxi2Gate Munich and Paris in P3Dv4 - any good?

I'm thinking of upgrading the above airports.

Anyone who already did feeling to share some info how good or bad these airports are in P3Dv4?

As I recall it from P3Dv3 Munich was quite nice while Paris was a bit so-so IMO.

Richard Åsberg

I have both and Munich is high on my regular list of airports to fly into.

• Upvote 1

both are excellent. Especially if you can go the upgrade discount path its a no brainer imho

Thanks guys!

Just what I wanted to hear before I spend the money on the upgrades.

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,

I own EDDM. I have mixed feelings about it. While I think the terminal buildings and the apron layout match nicely, the apron textures themselves are awkward. There is these markings for the ground fueling system (the two black dots inside a red rectangle) and they are all over the place on a large part of the apron. This highly irritates me each time I use EDDM. It feels like bugs crawling everywhere ... And the grass left and right to the runways is far too green for my taste - Munich is not Ireland. Apart from that it is nice and runs well with respect to performance.
I contacted T2G because of the apron textures issue but never got an answer - that's why I am reluctant to purchase any further addon from them.

Best

Frank

Go for it Richard they are both great.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, mdata said:

I contacted T2G because of the apron textures issue but never got an answer

Thanks for your input Frank. However since I already got the products in the past and the upgrade fee is just over 6 Euro I think I'll give it a go anyway.

As for contacting T2G and hoping for updates and to have cosmetic issues fixed they are not exactly well-known for top-level support. So, I'm not surprised in any way you never heard back from them. What they are well-known for is to develop lots of fairly good scenery in a very rapid pace.

Richard Åsberg

This developer has come a long way.  I have LFPG for v4 and hope other airports like KMCO and MMMX, and really like it.  But I'm holding off on their KSEA upgrade because Drzewiecki Design is doing the city and all it's airports.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

12 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

This developer has come a long way.  I have LFPG for v4 and hope other airports like KMCO and MMMX, and really like it.  But I'm holding off on their KSEA upgrade because Drzewiecki Design is doing the city and all it's airports.

Is Drzewiecki Design doing the airports as well? Thought it was only Seattle city...

Has Taxi2Gate updated Munich with P3Dv4 features and SODE jetways?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

51 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Thanks for your input Frank. However since I already got the products in the past and the upgrade fee is just over 6 Euro I think I'll give it a go anyway.

Go for it! Really good value for ~€12 (I paid the sale price on the full amount and think they are well worth it)

10 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I think they have SODE jetways. I used GSX at Munich and I was given the option between the forward or aft jetways at one of the M gates.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

As for contacting T2G and hoping for updates and to have cosmetic issues fixed they are not exactly well-known for top-level support. So, I'm not surprised in any way you never heard back from them. What they are well-known for is to develop lots of fairly good scenery in a very rapid pace.

Yes, they remind me of a certain aircraft manufacturer we all know only too well :happy:

16 minutes ago, mdata said:

Yes, they remind me of a certain aircraft manufacturer we all know only too well :happy:

I think I know what developer that might be :happy:

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Is Drzewiecki Design doing the airports as well? Thought it was only Seattle city...

Yep, all the Boeing fields as well as Auburn and a few others along with KSEA.

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I have not bought Munich yet.  I can tell you that Drzewiecki Design will do all the airports.  Here is their announcement:

The Seattle project will be released as 2 products:

Seattle City X
A vast (~1500km²) area covering Seattle in a 0,5m/pix resolution with an uncountable amount of custom-made objects. The included area can be seen on the attached picture (click it to see the whole).

Seattle Airports X
Will perfectly blend into the City package, sharing resources like building textures and ground textures. The package will include KPAE Paine Field, KBFI Boeing Field, KRNT Renton and S50 Auburn. Some time after the product is released (about a month), KSEA Tacoma will be added as a payware upgrade, perfectly matching all the surrounding area (ground textures, mesh, autogen, design style) and providing best performance possible. Obviously each airport will be optional to install and will include features like "no interiors" and "no static aircraft".

Just as in New York Airports X, both products will share one folder for perfect compatibility with each other while each of them will be configurable via a dedicated installer. Both products are expected to cost about 20eur each at the release.

[edit] All our products are compatible with ORBX products. If not, we will work with ORBX to make them compatible, don't worry about that.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

EDDM and LFPG are both excellent. As others have said, T2G have come a long way.

James

• Upvote 1