Sign in to follow this  
mattsfalck

MCE & Captain Sim B737-200

Hi,

I've just got MCE for a few days and still trying to learn MCE features. 

I have some questions and it seems to be related to this panel Captain Sim B737-200.

1)     When I ask the FO to set a heading for example "Set heading 2 2 0" I can see
that MCE understand the command, because it is showing by text "Set heading 2 2 0"
............. but when it is executed it doesn't stop at 2 2 0, instead it turns for 1 or 2 rounds
until it finally stops, but not at the value which was requested.

2)     It is actually the same when I ask for "Altitude / FL" it goes all the way to 40000 ft or 0 ft
keeps rotating although the gauge numbers stops there.

3) Same thing for flaps it is either fully up or down, even though I asked for lets say FLAPS 5

4)      I think the checklist is slightly wrong for that plane (more likely to be a -300) , but I've understood I can customize it
to my needs, so should be something which I could solve myself.

5)      When asking for engine start, the FO rotate the starter - wait until N2 20% and then also engage fuel lever
which normally should be done by the Capt. Is there a way to change the procedure not to engage the fuel lever to idle?

(I did tests with PMDG B737 at the same position/airport with set heading, altitude/FL & Flaps, and everything worked,
so it seems to be a panel related issue)

Would appreciate some hints how to solve it! Thanks!

/Matts

1 hour ago, mattsfalck said:

Hi,

I have some questions and it seems to be related to this panel Captain Sim B737-200.

1)     When I ask the FO to set a heading for example "Set heading 2 2 0" I can see
that MCE understand the command, because it is showing by text "Set heading 2 2 0"
............. but when it is executed it doesn't stop at 2 2 0, instead it turns for 1 or 2 rounds

2)     It is actually the same when I ask for "Altitude / FL" it goes all the way to 40000 ft or 0 ft

3) Same thing for flaps it is either fully up or down, even though I asked for lets say FLAPS 5

4)      I think the checklist is slightly wrong for that plane (more likely to be a -300) , but I've understood I can customize it
to my needs, so should be something which I could solve myself.

5)      When asking for engine start, the FO rotate the starter - wait until N2 20% and then also engage fuel lever
which normally should be done by the Capt. Is there a way to change the procedure not to engage the fuel lever to idle?

(I did tests with PMDG B737 at the same position/airport with set heading, altitude/FL & Flaps, and everything worked,
so it seems to be a panel related issue)

Would appreciate some hints how to solve it! Thanks!

/Matts

Could be MCE not getting data from the simulator. Seeing Autopilot HDG, SPD and ALT at zero

Suggest you install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\  folder SND set simulator exe (fsx.exe, Prepar3D.exe) to run as administrator.

If starting the sim via a launcher app like "SimnStarterNG", "FPS_Limiter" or other, the launcher app must be set to run as administrator, otherwise the sim wopn't be running as admin, even though ther option is ticked under files properties.

Are you on FSX P3D V3 or P3D V4? 

Hello Matt's.

After you get things sorted, following Gerald's instructions....

For your question at point 5.

You require the first officer to crank the engines and then do nothing.

You could try the following commands, or ones similar. You could also make a flow where your command is something like "go ahead and crank one and two please"...

...enter commands as below, in the Vox Script, as commands.

"Starter engage engine two"....FO engages starter......at n2 20%, you open fuel flow lever.

Add a pause here...30 seconds.

"Starter engage engine one"...FO engages starter ....at n2 20 %, you open fuel flow lever.

If you don't want to put these in a flow, just speak the commands.

Captain sim did some great simulations! Ones where we could use our MCE flight Engineer as well as a first officer. I would wish for them to continue to develop and enhance them for Prepar3d.....:happy:

Cheers.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Could be MCE not getting data from the simulator. Seeing Autopilot HDG, SPD and ALT at zero

Suggest you install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\  folder SND set simulator exe (fsx.exe, Prepar3D.exe) to run as administrator.

If starting the sim via a launcher app like "SimnStarterNG", "FPS_Limiter" or other, the launcher app must be set to run as administrator, otherwise the sim wopn't be running as admin, even though ther option is ticked under files properties.

Are you on FSX P3D V3 or P3D V4? 

Hi,

Thanks for hints!
All your suggestion should have been set to your proposed values already, but I will do a clean un & re-install
to see if things clear!
(Also P3D is run as administrator and no external application starting the sim)
I am on P3Dv4.

/Matts

9 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hello Matt's.

After you get things sorted, following Gerald's instructions....

For your question at point 5.

You require the first officer to crank the engines and then do nothing.

You could try the following commands, or ones similar. You could also make a flow where your command is something like "go ahead and crank one and two please"...

...enter commands as below, in the Vox Script, as commands.

"Starter engage engine two"....FO engages starter......at n2 20%, you open fuel flow lever.

Add a pause here...30 seconds.

"Starter engage engine one"...FO engages starter ....at n2 20 %, you open fuel flow lever.

If you don't want to put these in a flow, just speak the commands.

Captain sim did some great simulations! Ones where we could use our MCE flight Engineer as well as a first officer. I would wish for them to continue to develop and enhance them for Prepar3d.....:happy:

Cheers.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your answer, and yes of course you are right. I didn't think of that
myself, so great tip, I'll do my own flows!

And yes Captain sim is the new favourite now, it's great to come back
to some realy flying again ........ ;-)
(got a bit bored with LNAV/VNAV & Autoland ........ he-he)

/Matts

2 hours ago, mattsfalck said:

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your answer, and yes of course you are right. I didn't think of that
myself, so great tip, I'll do my own flows!

And yes Captain sim is the new favourite now, it's great to come back
to some realy flying again ........ ;-)
(got a bit bored with LNAV/VNAV & Autoland ........ he-he)

/Matts

Yes I want simulations that suspend disbelief. Switches that work, systems that work, a flight model that's as good as the old ESP "look up table" flight model can do!:huh:

Did you sort out your issues?

2 hours ago, mattsfalck said:

Hi,

Thanks for hints!
All your suggestion should have been set to your proposed values already, but I will do a clean un & re-install
to see if things clear!
(Also P3D is run as administrator and no external application starting the sim)
I am on P3Dv4.

/Matts

No need to re-install the sim, Windows or even MCE.

Suggest the following...

Load CS 737, wait until aircraft is ready to fly, engines running, then start MCE.

Go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and see what the green text says. Should be "On ground Engine(s) running)".

If not, maybe some issue with flight parameters (AP status and such) not getting to MCE.

See this thread on why it's best to keep Windows UAC enabled and just set the ad-ons exe to run as admin.

A lot of the gremlins are related to users disabling UAC (especially the registry hack that's supposed to disable it completely), with Microsoft giving them the illusion they did so, all while putting more protection into the operating system when it detects such move, and not telling you.

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

This will guarantee flawless communication between "Prepar3D.exe" and "mce.exe" which runs externally to the sim for better stability of the latter, and in 32 Bit simulator case, to prevent speech engine consuming valuable VAS memory.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, FS++ said:

No need to re-install the sim, Windows or even MCE.

Suggest the following...

Load CS 737, wait until aircraft is ready to fly, engines running, then start MCE.

Go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and see what the green text says. Should be "On ground Engine(s) running)".

If not, maybe some issue with flight parameters (AP status and such) not getting to MCE.

See this thread on why it's best to keep Windows UAC enabled and just set the ad-ons exe to run as admin.

A lot of the gremlins are related to users disabling UAC (especially the registry hack that's supposed to disable it completely), with Microsoft giving them the illusion they did so, all while putting more protection into the operating system when it detects such move, and not telling you.

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

This will guarantee flawless communication between "Prepar3D.exe" and "mce.exe" which runs externally to the sim for better stability of the latter, and in 32 Bit simulator case, to prevent speech engine consuming valuable VAS memory.

Hi,

I have followed your advice, but SIM says on, ground all engines off, which is correct.
UAC is set to off/low, so should be OK and P3d & FSX to run as administrator.
Tried PMDG 737 and command works and gets correct values, but status quo on
CS B737-200. Some things work, like setting a course on NAV 1/2, where MCE always get
it right, but FLAPS, HDG, Altitude wont work. It works but not to the requested values.

/Matts

Hi again,

It is actually reading the values right ............ if I set altitude set to 5000 and I ask F/O to set altitude 5000
it says ....... it is already done......... if it can be to any help ........

/Matts

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, mattsfalck said:

Hi,

Issue with HDG and ALT dialing confirmed.

Will be fixed this week.

Flaps selection appears to be working as expected.

It's not possible to alter the fuel lever handling when you ask FO to start engine.

However, if you use the other request "start switch engine one to ground start", he'll just do that and it's up to you to open the fuel lever.

Thanks alot!

Which command do you use to set Flaps? Flaps 1, 2, 5, 10 etc?
I use the flaps degrees 1,2,5,10 etc. MCE doesn't react on 1 but from 2 and up it goes all the way.

3 hours ago, mattsfalck said:

Thanks alot!

Which command do you use to set Flaps? Flaps 1, 2, 5, 10 etc?
I use the flaps degrees 1,2,5,10 etc. MCE doesn't react on 1 but from 2 and up it goes all the way.

The usual commands you would expect

set flaps 5

flaps 5

5 degrees on the flaps.

When you press F6 and F7 on your keyboard, do the flaps actually move up and down?

Hi,

One more question for you, could you check if the EPR command also
work for you?

Like SET EPR 1.9 or something.

I haven't been able to get it right, FO sets wrong EPR values for me.

Thanks!

/Matts

On 11/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, mattsfalck said:

Hi,

One more question for you, could you check if the EPR command also
work for you?

Like SET EPR 1.9 or something.

I haven't been able to get it right, FO sets wrong EPR values for me.

Thanks!

/Matts

EPR dialing function adjusted, as well as HDG and ALT control.

I assume you're already on MCE V2.7.4.0

Please download this patch, then manually replace files as per folder structure.