Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Need Help with Directing RC4

I have got RC4 up and ready to go, but when I go to rebuild scenery DB and type the path I get an error message.  I'm using FSX:SE and this is the path I'm typing in:  D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.

I also tried D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX.  Where am I going wrong? 

Hi...

From the RC FAQ:

Are you entering a "trailing" "\" onto the FS path?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

From the RC FAQ:

Are you entering a "trailing" "\" onto the FS path?

Regards,
Scott

No, I was not, but I'll give it a try.  Thanks, Scott

Edit:  Just tried that but that didn't work either.

Edited by C130FE
Update

Hi...

Oh - maybe I had it backwards...

Here is the complete FAQ entry:

I'm getting "runtime error 6 overflow" rebuilding the scenery DB, after the 4.3 upgrade

First things to check are:

• Did you copy the makerwys.exe from the upgrade zip, into the fs9 root directory (where the fs9.exe is located), and the fsX root directory (where the fsx.exe is located?)
  • Did you copy the rcv4.exe into the rcv4 directory
  • Did you rebuild the scenery database the first time you ran rcv4.exe?
  • If you are using a shortcut on your desktop to launch rcv4.exe, is it pointing to the correct path?
  • When asked where the FS directory is, did you enter the correct path to the root directory of the applicable FS version?
  • Are you entering a "trailing" "\" onto the FS path? IOW, "c:\flight\fs2004\" - try "c:\flight\fs2004" for example

Regards,
Scott

I'm getting "runtime error 6 overflow" rebuilding the scenery DB, after the 4.3 upgrade

First things to check are:

Did you copy the makerwys.exe from the upgrade zip, into the fs9 root directory (where the fs9.exe is located), and the fsX root directory (where the fsx.exe is located?)

Did you copy the rcv4.exe into the rcv4 directory

Did you rebuild the scenery database the first time you ran rcv4.exe?

If you are using a shortcut on your desktop to launch rcv4.exe, is it pointing to the correct path?

When asked where the FS directory is, did you enter the correct path to the root directory of the applicable FS version?

Are you entering a "trailing" "\" onto the FS path? IOW, "c:\flight\fs2004\" - try "c:\flight\fs2004" for example

Sorry Scott, this rant is not directed at you.  But, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!   Why did I buy this program if I have to rebuild the freaking thing myself????   I'm not an IT guy, I don't have a clue as to what all this stuff is I'm supposed to do.  I guess it's asking too much for someone who develops these programs to just give us a registration key and expect it to work.  Too late now, the money is gone.  If I gotta go thru all of this I'll never get this program to work.  Thought it was supposed to be easier to use than PF3.  I can't even get it to work, let alone use it.  

Here are my paths for FS9 and Steam FSX. I keep them in notepad to paste in as needed . Be sure there are no leading  or trailing space characters.

In order to accommodate each user's setup, RC can not predict what your path entries will be.

Be sure you are using the latest makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and also the correct fsuipc from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

reading the descriptions to choose the correct one.

Overwrite the older versions that came with the installation.

I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

@ronzie, you forgot to paste the paths. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, ronzie said:

Here are my paths for FS9 and Steam FSX. I keep them in notepad to paste in as needed . Be sure there are no leading  or trailing space characters.

In order to accommodate each user's setup, RC can not predict what your path entries will be.

Be sure you are using the latest makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and also the correct fsuipc from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

reading the descriptions to choose the correct one.

Overwrite the older versions that came with the installation.

I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Ronzie, I gotta be honest here.  Those links, I have no clue as to which one to use.  I'm a computer moron.  I was fortunate to get RC4 installed as I found a post here on how to install the .dll file.  But one of the guys was good enough in his post to make a step by step procedure, or I would never have figured it out.  I'm using Windows 10 and I have the full version of FSUIPC installed.  But unless someone gives me a step by step procedure, this ain't gonna happen.  Sorry, for the hassle guys.  I'm a retired Air Force flight engineer, not a computer IT guy.

Hello all.

I have followed the instructions to the letter.

Have just installed P3dv4.

Running RCv4 I get the warning "IPC request contains bad data"

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards

David

EDIT

OK Found it here;

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

Edited by charlie130
solved by Lorby-si scenery editor link added

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

Hello all.

I have followed the instructions to the letter.

Have just installed P3dv4.

Running RCv4 I get the warning "IPC request contains bad data"

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards

David

EDIT

OK Found it here;

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

Hmmm, I'd be surprised. This is mentioned in the FAQs here. http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#25

FSUIPC is probably not up to date.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I just fired up RC4 for the first time this weekend on my new v4 install - didn't change a thing in RC4 from v3 and it seemed to work... The window opened and I could communicate with ground and tower... Didn't get a chance to run a full flight though... I do have an up to date version of FSUIPC...

Regards,
Scott

That's great Scott.  I just finally got RC4 up and running.  I'm making some mistakes but enjoy using it.

I still get chided on occasions and I've been flying with it for 11 years! Those controllers need a quiet word in their ears sometimes. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Folks,

Yeah - still fly every IFR flight with it... Adding Voice Attack to the mix so I can verbally interact with RC4 - never having to punch the keyboard - adds an entirely new level to RC4...

Regards,
Scott

18 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - still fly every IFR flight with it... Adding Voice Attack to the mix so I can verbally interact with RC4 - never having to punch the keyboard - adds an entirely new level to RC4...

Regards,
Scott

Scott, you made that statement "never having to punch the keyboard" I just got RC4 up and running.  Could you please explain how I can do that.  That is exactly what I am looking for.