Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Need Help with Directing RC4

Hi...

Voice Attack is the best $10.00 utility I ever bought - use it in various sims - not just FS... It's a voice control program that has the most intuitive interface I've ever seen in this type of program... Makes it easy to setup any commands you want - it will perform simple keystrokes, joystick button presses, complex macros, and has it's own powerful scripting language... It can verbally respond to use using any Windows voices you have loaded on your machine... I use for a full blown copilot, commanding my TrackIR, and RC4 ATC interactions... 

In this context - I have mine setup to just press the needed keystrokes for RC4... When I want the want the weather - I just say "weather" - if I want to speak to ground - I just say "ground"... I use "roger" and "roger wilco" for the routine "1" and "7" keys... Obviously - you need to be in the proper spot in RC4 to utilize these commands... It just sure beats hunting for keys during critical phases of flight... From start to finish - I don't press a single key in RC4... Granted you need a good headset and microphone to utilize it..

I believe they have a demo: http://voiceattack.com/

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

15 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Voice Attack is the best $10.00 utility I ever bought - use it in various sims - not just FS... It's a voice control program that has the most intuitive interface I've ever seen in this type of program... Makes it easy to setup any commands you want - it will perform simple keystrokes, joystick button presses, complex macros, and has it's own powerful scripting language... It can verbally respond to use using any Windows voices you have loaded on your machine... I use for a full blown copilot, commanding my TrackIR, and RC4 ATC interactions... 

In this context - I have mine setup to just press the needed keystrokes for RC4... When I want the want the weather - I just say "weather" - if I want to speak to ground - I just say "ground"... I use "roger" and "roger wilco" for the routine "1" and "7" keys... Obviously - you need to be in the proper spot in RC4 to utilize these commands... It just sure beats hunting for keys during critical phases of flight... From start to finish - I don't press a single key in RC4... Granted you need a good headset and microphone to utilize it..

I believe they have a demo: http://voiceattack.com/

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your help. I'll definately check it out.  That is how I want to fly.  I guess the key is figuring out how to program it.  Thanks again.

Rodger

Hi Rodger,

If you decide you like it - I can share my profile - it’s a big head start and might show you what it’s capable of...

Just ping me if needed...

Regards,

Scott

17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Rodger,

If you decide you like it - I can share my profile - it’s a big head start and might show you what it’s capable of...

Just ping me if needed...

Regards,

Scott

Hey Scott, I just purchased VoiceAttack.  I would really appreciate the profile.  That would be awesome.  Thanks.

Rodger

Hi Rodger,

I’m not in front of my PC - won’t have access until the weekend as I’m traveling - this is a real old profile but it probably has some of the RC4 stuff in it - take a gander - might get you started... Probably has a bunch of proprietary stuff for one of my favorite planes - the  Flysimware Lear 35A - but it’s super easy to customize for your own needs...

On the bottom left of the interface - when looking at commands - will sort by category - makes sorting through commands a bit easier...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/495bz5yrasv6htk/SCO P3D-Profile.zip?dl=0

There was a VA profile for RC4 floating around somewhere more advanced than mine - maybe someone can link it...

Oh - and you need to run VA as admin - to get it to interact with P3D properly... I run all my P3D stuff as admin...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, C130FE said:Hey Scott, I just purchased VoiceAttack.  I would really appreciate the profile.  That would be awesome.  Thanks.

Rodger

I’ll send my up to date profile over the weekend...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Rodger,

Yep - the key presses are the same - should work...

Regards,

Scott

Outstanding.  One more question.  Not real good with computers.  Do I unzip the file and put it into VA?

4 hours ago, C130FE said:

Scott, you made that statement "never having to punch the keyboard" I just got RC4 up and running.  Could you please explain how I can do that.  That is exactly what I am looking for.

I think Scott makes Voice Attack key commands.

Enter a voice command e.g. "select menu one". Then in the command interface of Voice Attack enter "Ctrl+shift+1". Voice Attack then executes the keys Ctrl+shift+1, when you say "select menu one".

Multi Crew Experience has a voice link to RC4 as well. You can use a PTT key and speak to RC4. 

I just converted to P3dv4. Still having trouble with MCE link to RC4. I can use keyboard or Voice Attack, but have lost the MCE voice interface with RC4??? Work in progress!:huh:

Cheers.

1 minute ago, charlie130 said:

I think Scott makes Voice Attack key commands.

Enter a voice command e.g. "select menu one". Then in the command interface of Voice Attack enter "Ctrl+shift+1". Voice Attack then executes the keys Ctrl+shift+1, when you say "select menu one".

Multi Crew Experience has a voice link to RC4 as well. You can use a PTT key and speak to RC4. 

I just converted to P3dv4. Still having trouble with MCE link to RC4. I can use keyboard or Voice Attack, but have lost the MCE voice interface with RC4??? Work in progress!:huh:

Cheers.

Thanks Charlie130

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hmmm, I'd be surprised. This is mentioned in the FAQs here. http://www.jdtllc.com/FAQ.htm#25

FSUIPC is probably not up to date.

Hello Ray.

No I have the very latest FSUIPC5 from the site. I fixed the problem using the Lorbi si tool. I just ran it once, as per their instructions, re converted the scenery back and I got RC4 up and running.

The only problem now is, I have lost MCE to RC4 voice comms? I can use the keyboard and Voice Attack to emulate the key strokes, however MCE and RC4 are not talking anymore?

Everything's still ok in P3dv3, but not in P3dv4?

This used to be a simple hobby??:blush:

Cheers.

David,

Sounds like you needed to generate a scenery.cfg that includes all your scenery including FSDT ones. That's the only reason I need Lorby's utility.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, C130FE said:

Outstanding.  One more question.  Not real good with computers.  Do I unzip the file and put it into VA?

Hi Rodger,

Yep - unzip - then import via the VA interface...

Regards,
Scott

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

David,

Sounds like you needed to generate a scenery.cfg that includes all your scenery including FSDT ones. That's the only reason I need Lorby's utility.

OK. Well I only have one FSDT scenery, KLAX! All the rest is Orbx in P3dv4.

Doing the generation with Lorby's utility seemed to get RC4 going. Along the way I reinstalled the latest FSUIPC5 and makerunways "again". So it may have been that also?

The failure of MCE to communicate with RC4 persists? I have made a Voice Attack profile that eliminates the need to keep clicking the keyboard, so there you go, Scott's way works great! In fact Voice Attack can run alongside MCE. I have made more complex macros with Voice Attack. As Scott said, best £10 ever spent!

I had serious issues with Eset Anti Virus, which decided to treat some MCE exe files as threats! The result was a nightmare trying to find which file to put in the exclusions! I spent hours working with the MCE dev to get it fixed! Eset may even have prevented FSUIPC5 from installing properly?

It used to be much simpler to install flight Sims in the past. 

Best regards.