Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Hot corners: How do I use/assign a view to them?

I'm using version 0.4.46, but I'm not seeing any way to assign the 'hot corners'. Also, I'm not completely sure I understand what they do. I assume you assign a view to one of the corners, then move your mouse to the corners and click to activate that particular view?

Anyway, I couldn't really find any explanation...thanks any help you can provide.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

You move the mouse to the corner or edge of the screen and the action will be triggered when you come back towards the middle of the screen.

If you click, the detection will be deactivated because it thinks you're playing with gauges or something.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK, I found a video at FSElite and the interface is located in the Aircraft menu just below the Camera. Very easy to set up and a very nice feature.

In case you want to watch the video, here it is: https://fselite.net/news/chaseplane-beta-0-4-released/

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

13 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

You move the mouse to the corner or edge of the screen and the action will be triggered when you come back towards the middle of the screen.

If you click, the detection will be deactivated because it thinks you're playing with gauges or something.

Hi Keven

Is it possible also to add  toggle function funtion for this new features,  it is very handy indeed, but sometimes I find it not very handy when I am in the cockpit accidently  this feature activated,  as I use mouse from Razer which has 12 buttons also I assigned them  all  for diffrence  corners or views, but  I will still use this features to add more corners  to go to, so that's why just wondering when this features has a toggle function as well,  thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Like... an On/Off toggle to Enable/Disabled Hot Corners? Not sure I understand

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I mean the aircraft functions we have 8 hot corners where we can assign them to individual preset we have, when those 8  hot corners are assgined or activated, one moment we can toggle them   to Enable/Disabled those hot Corners, I hope this time you get what I mean.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

I still don't understand, Maybe a MS Paint drawing would help here...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

okay will come back in 5 minutes with prinscreen

John Liem

https://ibb.co/fHfHa6

as you see that the some of hot corners  are assigned, will it be possible to  toggle to Enable/Disabled Hot Corners,  but the assigned hot corners remain assgined eventhough at that moment I disable them.

John Liem

Right, ok, now I understand. 

The reason why we aren't doing that is because we know we'll have 100 emails from people telling us their Hot Corners aren't working properly for them.

We will add that toggle once we're ready to transition the current build to the Stable channel.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven, I do not have any issue with that hot corners at all, it works 100% for me. nicely done.

John Liem