Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Todays windows10 update (fall creator)

My windows got updated yesterday. I noticed that windows wanted me to update when I shut it down last night. Today I notice several irregularities:

- My Majestic dash 8 isn't starting in a cold and dark config. Instead it starts on battery, and none of the switches do anything except move from one position to another when I manipulate them. FMC dont come on, and the radio stacks dont turn on. Turning the battery off doesnt do anything. Restarting the sim doesnt help.

- Prepar3d v4.1 just hangs when I shut it down. It's window dissapear, but its on the taskbar showing as active. It's been 5 minutes now, and it still hasnt gone away.

- My windows task bar shows up in the top of the screen instead of the bottom where I want it when I first boot up the system. I get alot of app crash messages when initially coming into the desktop. Subsequent startups during the day leaves the taskbar in its normal position in the bottom, and I get no app crash messages. I am using Nvidia surround on 3 screens btw. GFX driver is updated along with geforce experience. 

These are just three of the most glaring issues I had because of this update. Anyone else noticing any not normal things with their pc/sims?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I updated Windows 10 this morning, and did a short flight (1 hour) I did not notice any problems with P3dV4.1

Jac

• Upvote 1

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

I've seen a number of folk having serious issues after this update:-(

People must specify for what version they updated. Current win10 Creators version is 1709 Compilation 16299.64 and this version is ok with p3dv4.1. FSX has the "child window issue" still.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

8 hours ago, FlavioSSA said:

FSX has the "child window issue" still.

It only affects some FSX users. FSX works normally for me after 1709 and the latest update.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

12 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

I updated Windows 10 this morning, and did a short flight (1 hour) I did not notice any problems with P3dV4.1

But with FSX and encountered no issues.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0x80070002  here.

It won't update, tried all the google fixes. Meh nothing in there that affects gaming really anyways and don't feel like a reformat so I'll stick with what I got.

Mine started updating today in the middle of a flight despite nominating an install time at a later date. Screen went black & the computer appeared frozen. Did a restart & then got the update message which seemed to happen fairly quickly which made me suspicious. A check of the start icon gave the option of updating which I selected. It then took quite a while to complete. 

Since the update I now have had to select vsync in P3Dv4 as I now get screen tearing in full screen mode. This had never been an issue previously. I then noticed the update had also done the same to my video driver, a reinstall of the previous one has not fixed the screen tear issue! I have to run with vsync on now. Haven't had a lot of time in the sim yet but was concerned about some apparent stuttering in low level turns which weren't there previously. Will test this further tomorrow.

My VC looks a little sharper & has greater colour depth or something. The blacks in the panel appear darker than they were. Again rolling back to the previous driver did not change this.

I also have other non Flight Sim issues where it's upset my ASUS video card & MB software so I have to go & sort them out again. The GPU Tweak App despite being selected to start minimized always starts open now & the LED lights on the ROG IX MB are remaining on after shut down. There is a command in the app to turn this off, hope it's working still.

First time I started P3D it just hung. The second start got it going OK. 

In all not too happy with this update thus far. Looks like more things borked than fixed for me :-(

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Has anyones network configuration changed?  For some reason I can no longer connect to other PC's and an iMac, without a user / password.  I've tried all the users and passwords I use and none of them work.  Grrrrrr............

• Upvote 1

No issues really although I hated it that a new nVidia driver was installed including the sound word not allowed and the 3D word not allowed which I don't want and need. Don't like that at all. I know there is a registry hack that you can use to prevent 3rd party drivers from being updated but I can't find it right now... I guess the best way to prevent this from happening it to always install the latest nVidia driver myself.

Anyone knows how to check if Experience has also been installed? Can't see it in the add/remove program screen so I suppose that means it's not installed?

Had the same issues with the q400 in P3d v4.1 after the 1709 update. All it needs is a reinstall of the add-on (not the whole P3D) and it works fine. 

Yes just re-install the Q400, the Q400 problem was the only quirk introduced into my system with this update.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's