Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Todays windows10 update (fall creator)

I had issues with Carenado Turbo Commander. Had difficulty getting it to start. Hadn't tried any other aircraft.

Updated my ASUS software which fixed the MB light staying on after shut down however GPU Tweak would not open to task bar.

Final straw was when, whilst trying to sort out starting the Turbo Commander I shut down Spad.Next & fired up SPAD which is still on my desktop.

Windows immediately began the process to install MS Office 2010 which is already installed. Several retries to start it always resulted in an attempt to install Office. How weird is that!

Another oddity was I uninstalled 388.13 Video Driver yesterday & reinstalled my previous 384.76 only to find this morning 388 was back in! Uninstalled again this time making sure 384 was definitely in. Still didn't fix the screen tearing & stutters.

Have rolled back to previous Win10. 

Screen tearing no longer exists even though the roll back has brought back 388.13, GPU Tweak now behaves itself, so too does SPAD (not that I use it). Off to test the new video driver & see if it's a keeper. Initial tests show it is now smoother to have VSync on than off.  

What a pain of an update. Previous ones have caused me no issues whatsoever. Maybe it was because it started whilst I was using P3D.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

An update from me:

Ok so over at Majestic forums they suggested to me that I reinstall the q400 because windows update could indeed render the addon in a non-working state. The last two days have been a major PITA with either the ailerons or the nosegear not working (proper operation of the aircraft is carried out (gust lock removed and gear pins are in the basket behind the FO). Strangely enough, I seem to be the only person with this problem over at Majestic so they haven't been able to help me (they have been very forthcoming and nice to deal with though!). Furthermore the Q400 is the only aircraft behaving badly after the update. I didnt use to have this problem earlier, but you see - I just recently upgraded to p3d v4, and even more recently upgraded my Q400 to the 64 bits version. I have about 2 years experience with this aircraft in p3d v3 and never had any issues. I dont know if my issue is with the 64 bits version of the aircraft in general, or if it is due to the windows update that happend 2-3 days ago. If there was a more systemic error on the part of my pc I would have guessed that more addons would be showing symptoms. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I swear it's only this game that causes this much 💩 with drivers and updates. 

I really do feel for people with issues.  

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

I swear it's only this game that causes this much 💩 with drivers and updates. 

Game, GAME???!!!

41 minutes ago, vhufo said:

Game, GAME???!!!

I'm afraid so, in my opinion 

14ppkc-6.png

On 11/18/2017 at 2:48 AM, Rossco said:

Mine started updating today in the middle of a flight despite nominating an install time at a later date. Screen went black & the computer appeared frozen. Did a restart & then got the update message which seemed to happen fairly quickly which made me suspicious. A check of the start icon gave the option of updating which I selected. It then took quite a while to complete. 

Since the update I now have had to select vsync in P3Dv4 as I now get screen tearing in full screen mode. This had never been an issue previously. I then noticed the update had also done the same to my video driver, a reinstall of the previous one has not fixed the screen tear issue! I have to run with vsync on now. Haven't had a lot of time in the sim yet but was concerned about some apparent stuttering in low level turns which weren't there previously. Will test this further tomorrow.

My VC looks a little sharper & has greater colour depth or something. The blacks in the panel appear darker than they were. Again rolling back to the previous driver did not change this.

I also have other non Flight Sim issues where it's upset my ASUS video card & MB software so I have to go & sort them out again. The GPU Tweak App despite being selected to start minimized always starts open now & the LED lights on the ROG IX MB are remaining on after shut down. There is a command in the app to turn this off, hope it's working still.

First time I started P3D it just hung. The second start got it going OK. 

In all not too happy with this update thus far. Looks like more things borked than fixed for me :-(

I was 15 min into a flight last night when suddenly my 3 monitors went black for a couple seconds, then an update started. Said "this is going to take awhile", so i left it. On restarting this morning, i have an image only on my center monitor, nothing on the left or right one. I am beginning to hate win 10. Anyone have a suggestion on how i can get 3 monitors back like they were? I right clicked on the desktop, looking for a solution, but can't figure out what i need to do.

My PC's been nagging me for weeks to complete the update but I just keep clicking on "snooze".

Yestreday, the nag came up (In the middle of a P3Dv4 flight) - this time with no "snooze" option.  I thought 'what the heck', set it off to update and went to bed.

When I got up this morning (8 hours later), my screen was frozen and distored. It said the update was at 81% but the screen was frozen.   I left it another 2 hours - still the same 81% and not progressing.   I had no option but to hard reboot the PC.   It came on and went into recovery mode ("We are restoring your last version of Windows").  That took 20 minutes and it's been fine since then.

Exactly the same happened with the last major "creators" update.

I was somewhat shocked that MS effectively got sick of my rejecting ("snoozing") the update and this time forced me to attempt to update it.    That's a pretty aggresive and somewhat arrogant strategy IMHO - especially when both of these Creators updates have failed and the previous version has had to be restored.

Can't wait to see if the "nag" returns this evening, and whether my "snooze" option will be back! :biggrin:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 11/18/2017 at 2:48 AM, Rossco said:

Mine started updating today in the middle of a flight despite nominating an install time at a later date. Screen went black & the computer appeared frozen. Did a restart & then got the update message which seemed to happen fairly quickly which made me suspicious. A check of the start icon gave the option of updating which I selected. It then took quite a while to complete. 

Since the update I now have had to select vsync in P3Dv4 as I now get screen tearing in full screen mode. This had never been an issue previously. I then noticed the update had also done the same to my video driver, a reinstall of the previous one has not fixed the screen tear issue! I have to run with vsync on now. Haven't had a lot of time in the sim yet but was concerned about some apparent stuttering in low level turns which weren't there previously. Will test this further tomorrow.

My VC looks a little sharper & has greater colour depth or something. The blacks in the panel appear darker than they were. Again rolling back to the previous driver did not change this.

I also have other non Flight Sim issues where it's upset my ASUS video card & MB software so I have to go & sort them out again. The GPU Tweak App despite being selected to start minimized always starts open now & the LED lights on the ROG IX MB are remaining on after shut down. There is a command in the app to turn this off, hope it's working still.

First time I started P3D it just hung. The second start got it going OK. 

In all not too happy with this update thus far. Looks like more things borked than fixed for me :-(

I was 15 min into a flight last night when suddenly my 3 monitors went black for a couple seconds, then an update started. Said "this is going to take awhile", so i left it. On restarting this morning, i have an image only on my center monitor, nothing on the left or right one. I am beginning to hate win 10. Anyone have a suggestion on how i can get 3 monitors back like they were? I right clicked on the desktop, looking for a solution, but can't figure out what i need to do.

Can anyone tell me what to do, to get all 3 monitors displaying again? I am computer illiterate and i can't spell either! Ahh, just fixed the spelling.

Hi Lennie,

Don't know if I can be of much help. I run two screens & they always show up automatically.

As Win10 update also does the same to your video driver & maybe caused an issue (how surprising!). I would uninstall what's there at the moment & reinstall either the latest driver again or the one you were using previously.

That should restore things back to normal I would hope. To be honest I've not run three monitors so I'm not familiar with what is required if different to two.

If you right mouse click on your desktop you should see a Nvidia Control Panel icon among other options. Click on that & when it opens you will see there is a "Display" section. Expect you will find some help there.

But I think it should find them automatically hence the suggestion to consider a reinstall. 

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

On 18/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, Dean_EGTC said:

Has anyones network configuration changed?  For some reason I can no longer connect to other PC's and an iMac, without a user / password.  I've tried all the users and passwords I use and none of them work.  Grrrrrr............

Me to,

Havent fix it yet . also a hanging windows 10 start button and taskbar shortcuts like windows store is slow or freezing

Did you fix it ?

Strange enough , My Active Sky for P3Dv4.1 on a network PC still works

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael,

I had to give my gaming rig a user / password at initial log in to W10.  As long as I use this from other mcs all seems ok.

It changed my default sound away from HDMI, messed up my GoFlight USB ports.  Two GF's don't work.  ch pedals also stopped working.  I had this symptoms on initial setup, so hopefully will be able to get them going again.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Yes, it screwed up my Logitec Hardware controller.  I have to cycle the Input button before I get any sound.  This is every time .......grrrrrr.