Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Update not specified...

Dear all,

Just now I got a mail from simmarket:

Dear simMarket Customer,
at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

HIFI TECH - ACTIVE SKY 4 P3D4 + ACTIVE SKY 2016 P3D3 UPGRADE ONLY

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

AS_P3Dv4_Install.exe

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Should you have any questions please contact us via http://support.simmarket.com

For technical support please contact the support addresses listed in the documentation for the respective product.
The support addresses are also listed in the respective product description pages in our shop.

Best Regards,
The simMarket Team

Obviously not really helpful regarding what this update includes, if it is not already automatically installed or anything. I also do not see any update notice in the forums etc. What is it? The already published update? Do I have to install it? It is really a little bit annoying that simmarket somehow never puts the relevant information into their update mails...

Regards

Chris

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Did you check HiFi's forum? I mean they pushed an update a few days ago, but it was available on their website. Could be just simmarket beeing slow with updating files on their servers.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

usually   when i  start  asn16   it  tells  me if there  is  a update or  not  if  says  yes  it  closes  asn  and  it  brings me  to the update  page  of  the hifi page

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Always confusion with AS 16 updates. They never specify the version # of the update , and  in addition the email also says to uninstall the version you have before installing the new version, but you don't know what the version number of the new one is. I downloaded it, but am not going to install it for now. I looked on the HIFI forum just now, and no info on the update. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

Did you check HiFi's forum? I mean they pushed an update a few days ago, but it was available on their website.

Further to that Ivan, one can also check the HiFi downloads page and compare the version number there with the one that is shown when the app is launched.

\Robert Hamlich/

14 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Further to that Ivan, one can also check the HiFi downloads page and compare the version number there with the one that is shown when the app is launched.

Exactly my point :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

OK, I went to the downloads page and saw that there is just an update patch  for AS 16, so the entire program does not have to be downloaded as the email from Sim markets stated and you don't have to uninstall the present version either. . I installed the patch after downloading it, and it works correctly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Always confusion with AS 16 updates. They never specify the version # of the update , and  in addition the email also says to uninstall the version you have before installing the new version, but you don't know what the version number of the new one is. I downloaded it, but am not going to install it for now. I looked on the HIFI forum just now, and no info on the update. 

Not  much  confusion  really users  make  it  so ,   it  says  on the  download  page  updates   can  be installed on top  of  your  install

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Not  much  confusion  really users  make  it  so ,   it  says  on the  download  page  updates   can  be installed on top  of  your  install

The confusion is that it did not state that in the email from sim market. Here is a copy and paste of the email I got this morning from Simmarket :

at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

HIFI TECH - ACTIVE SKY 4 P3D4 + ACTIVE SKY 2016 P3D3

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

AS_P3Dv4_Install.exe

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

but you don't know what the version number of the new one is

You can download it and take a look into the file properties of the exe file. The details page shows the version number 1.0.6517.34864.

6 hours ago, Tom_A320 said:

You can download it and take a look into the file properties of the exe file. The details page shows the version number 1.0.6517.34864.

Latest version for P3D 3.4, which I installed today, is 6452