Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Looks like major CRJ update released.

Legit customer, 2 uninstalls so far (ver 1.0(c) and 1.0.1.0)  downloaded v1.0.2 today, but have not tried to fire it up yet.

I think parts of issue are a language barrier, inconsistent uninstall/ install instructions and people (marketers not the dev) who cannot stand the slightest criticism.

So far, I haven't received $50 worth of enjoyment from it, but close to $100 in aggravation.:dry:

• Upvote 2

Stephen Forsgren

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

What we really need is a poll that shows how many legit customers would ask for a refund if they could get it.

I'm not so troubled with it to request a refund, since it appears to only be ILS capture which was problematic, and even that might not actually be a fault of the product itself, i.e. it could be related to the update to Windows 10 (just possibly). But I would hope they'd look into any issues it does, or may possibly have.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well the good news is that Hans (the developer) is already hard at work trying to fix these issues.  Oh well....a few more weeks...

• Upvote 1

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

7 hours ago, ieydis said:

Well the good news is that Hans (the developer) is already hard at work trying to fix these issues.  Oh well....a few more weeks...

I'm sure in a few weeks it will be a perfect addon.  You chaps really do fall for some lines 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

16 hours ago, Chock said:

I'm not so troubled with it to request a refund, since it appears to only be ILS capture which was problematic, and even that might not actually be a fault of the product itself, i.e. it could be related to the update to Windows 10 (just possibly). But I would hope they'd look into any issues it does, or may possibly have.

Hey Chock,

I said I would wait until after the weekend to test this out for myself but 3 flights later here I am. I tested this thing with some very strong crosswinds and various approaches and what I found, and what worked for me was -- 

A. It does not like heading changes greater than 45 degrees enroute. Solution - As you're approaching a sharp turn, help the AP out a little place it in heading mode and lead the turn a little at a time until you can re-intercept your course with a 30 degree angle or less, then select your next waypoint and re-engage nav mode. 

B. It does not like localizer intercepts greater than 30 degrees. Solution - plan your intercept course in advance, vector yourself or request a suitable heading if flying online. 

C. Setting up the Decision Height and Landing V-speeds are absolutely necessary, in addition to selecting the proper nav source and display format and runway elevation. The AP will not pick-up the localizer or glideslope without this data.  

With the steps above and manually tuning the ILS freek I was able to attain a super stable approach down to minimums (22kt crosswind on the ILS Rwy27L at KORD in IMC!....glad its a sim, wish I knew how to record video)

I will try a few test during the week allowing auto-tune to dail the approach frequency and let you know how that goes. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.  Now one particular web reviewer said that this is not a study level sim on the level of a PMDG or FSLABS, I respectfully disagree. I'm not saying the systems modeled are as many as those others, and yes I have many of them, but the system that are modeled require some serious study if you want them to work as intended. 

Conclusion.... This is not a Boeing, or an Airbus, it operates differently and therefore is not an sim for everyone. And that's the advice I have for anyone thinking about purchasing this. If you think it's gonna be like a Boeing, Airbus or anything else just look away, there's nothing wrong with that. 

• Upvote 2

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I agree with what you are saying Jose and I'm reasonably okay with the CRJ even with its issues. But that wasn't really my point; the fact remains that I wasn't over 30 degrees off the ILS intercept angle when trying an ILS approach, in fact I wasn't even one degree off the ILS localiser signal course for 27R at Charles deGaulle, I was bang on it at 267 degrees and came at it from 20 miles out on that heading whilst well under the extended glideslope angle, fully stable and ready to come right down the pipe with very benign weather, and it still didn't lock the localiser. It's difficult to imagine a situation where I could have give it a much better opportunity to lock the signal up and fly that approach automatically.

As I say, this was merely when I was testing the new update that I found this, and as noted, I'd normally fly a manual approach in pretty much any FS add-on aeroplane regardless of its automatic capabilities, especially on something with a HUD as the CRJ has, where any plonker (even me lol) can bring the thing in perfectly on the touchdown markers providing they have the throttle setting correct. But, for those who like to do category landings and have its avionics do their thing, it should be working. The fact that it would not do that not particularly bothering me personally, is not an excuse for it not working as advertised.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

But, for those who like to do category landings and have its avionics do their thing, it should be working. The fact that it would not do that not particularly bothering me personally, is not an excuse for it not working as advertised.

Yeah I agree. And on my go at this it captured and flew both the loc and glide slope automatically. It’s puzzling to me that the same title given the same conditions would work any differently on any particular machine but there you go.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hope this fixes the horrible stutters I experience with only this plane

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

OK, I installed it yesterday using the Aerosoft instructions of uninstalling the CRJ, doing that whatever thing they wanted to the hard drive and installing the new one.

Afterward, I look in the P3D v4 add-ons and the old version (08/17) is still hanging around with it's 1 GB file, so I deleted that one.  I would have thought an uninstaller was supposed to remove that.

Just tried so far to start it at a gate, but looks like Dave works, yoke disappears, so far, so good.

Gonna try a flight today and see how the NAV system goes.  Back to the tutorial to read again how to fly it, since I forgot all that in the month or so it was hangared.

Stephen Forsgren

Anyone else getting fed up of downloading a new version every week? Every time I fly it I check to make sure I'm running the latest version

14 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Anyone else getting fed up of downloading a new version every week? Every time I fly it I check to make sure I'm running the latest version

Actually the last update prior to this was back in September. Due to the amount of changes made full install is the only way to ensure you have all the updates.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

19 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Comments like this have me shaking my head in disbelief. People are moaning that they aren't pushing out the updates quick enough. And here's someone moaning about the opposite. You just can't keep people happy.

• Upvote 3

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Comments like this have me shaking my head in disbelief. People are moaning that they aren't pushing out the updates quick enough. And here's someone moaning about the opposite. You just can't keep people happy.

Is this a joke? Honest question!

Here's an idea for keeping people happy: don't release a paid addon that's so full of bugs it's unfyable. And if you do, fix it quickly. So far as I can tell, neither of those things has happened.

Glad I didn't buy this plane. I feel for those who did.

James

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, honanhal said:

Is this a joke? Honest question!

Here's an idea for keeping people happy: don't release a paid addon that's so full of bugs it's unfyable. And if you do, fix it quickly. So far as I can tell, neither of those things has happened.

Glad I didn't buy this plane. I feel for those who did.

James

Preach!! It's easy for those who magically "don't have problems" to come here and demonize the ones who are unhappy that their HARD EARNED money basically went to waste!!!!

• Upvote 1

Another "big" update to hit the street anytime now.  This is it guys - the promised land is just over the horizon.  Joking aside, I really hope this bird, with so much potential, is finally ready for primetime.

• Upvote 1

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL