Sign in to follow this  
AZMD82

and PAX on 747 and 777 PMDG

dear All

It's possible change the number of passengers both 777 and 747 PMDG ??

In the CDU  there are values, a minimum and a maximum modifiable, but not real, at least for the companies I like to fly,

for example the 777 PMDG has max passengers  234, when Alitalia about 300, the 747  PMDG 416 or 420 while the 747 Virgin 455.

These variations make the calculation of weights not real, do you know if there is a way to modify passengers for individual categories ( eco buss first ) ??

Hi and thanks in advance ( and sorry for my bad English )

Andrea

2 minutes ago, AZMD82 said:

It's possible change the number of passengers both 777 and 747 PMDG ??

No.

3 minutes ago, AZMD82 said:

In the CDU  there are values, a minimum and a maximum modifiable, but not real, at least for the companies I like to fly,

for example the 777 PMDG has max passengers  234, when Alitalia about 300, the 747  PMDG 416 or 420 while the 747 Virgin 455.

They're simply notional values. Just enter a ZFW. Weight is weight.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Firstly thanks for the reply

Yes of course, I already did like you suggested but I'd like to modify number of passengers for each flight.

I really like making the flight as realistic as possibile (passengers, cargo, fuel etc.) but PMDG 747/777 have just one configuration of seats that is not real for the differente companies, for istance Alitalia 777 has more available seats than those available in the game. That's the same for 747 and other companies.

Obviuosly, like your suggestion, it is possible to overcome this problem with ZFW but this way don't satisfy me.

In the configuration files I saw that is possible to modify the 3 classes (eco, buz, first.) but there are some values that are not modifiable directly from there.

Anyway thanks so much for you reply and if you have any other suggestion, even in the future, please send them to me.

Have a good day.

Andrea

The problem in this case is there's just too many different configurations that it would be impossible to implement all of them. Thus, it appears they have gone with the standard configuration based on the Boeing documentation for the respective aircraft. For me personally, I just look at the sections in the FMC and cross-check it with the Boeing documentation, then work from there, but the only difference is the seating configuration for my Boeing 747-400 has a lower seat count than 420, so I can do that. Might be a little hard to do with a plane that has a higher seat count than what's available. But I wonder what would happen if you tried to enter a higher number anyway. Would it let you do that or not.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, AZMD82 said:

Yes of course, I already did like you suggested but I'd like to modify number of passengers for each flight.

All this does is set a weight value.

It may "feel" more realistic to you, but it really isn't. Keep in mind that the "passenger" number simply shoves a "person" in at X weight with Y baggage. In reality, each person's weight and baggage weight is pretty unique. So, you may claim that it's more realistic, but an equal point can be made that it is less realistic, passenger for passenger, than simply adding the ZFW.

Kyle Rodgers

We fully expect PMDG to implement a randomizer system for each passenger’s weight and baggage, anything else is unrealistic and ruins my experience :laugh:

6 hours ago, AZMD82 said:

I really like making the flight as realistic as possibile (passengers, cargo, fuel etc.)

Realistically, pilots don't care if the weight is from bags, boxes or fannys. The only weight of interest is the ZFW, and consideration for hazardous, remains or live cargo.  The only time the pilot needs to use the number of souls on board is when declaring an emergency...., and even then the emergency will be acknowledged without SOB.  Much of what you are concerned about only concerns the cabin crew and gate attendants.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 17/11/2017 at 3:09 PM, AZMD82 said:

for example the 777 PMDG has max passengers  234, when Alitalia about 300

Also, in terms of realism: The PMDG 777 with 234 pax is a -200LR. Alitalia doesn't own any aircraft of that model but only -200ER.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.