Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Still no Sound for Touchdown?

Hello!

I recently installed the newest update for the DC-6 and read the Changelog. I dont want to rant, I just wondered why there is still no fix for the absence of a touch down sound? I am no developer or programmer, but is this such a big task?

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Been wondering the same. I understand PMDG confirmed a few weeks ago they agreed this needed to be done.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Add my vote for a beefed-up touchdown sound.  I do have one, but it's very faint and you have to concentrate hard to hear it.  Am not looking for any extraordinary tire-screeching (a so-called Hollywood effect), just enough of a rumble to stand in for the vibration you'd feel if you were in the real aircraft.  Hope this can be addressed.

1 hour ago, Alan_A said:

Add my vote for a beefed-up touchdown sound.  I do have one, but it's very faint and you have to concentrate hard to hear it.  Am not looking for any extraordinary tire-screeching (a so-called Hollywood effect), just enough of a rumble to stand in for the vibration you'd feel if you were in the real aircraft.  Hope this can be addressed.

I also dont ask for "going wild" tires... just want to hear the structure working when taking the load of landing. I think this is realistic.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Posted August 5 · Report post

On 05/08/2017 at 6:45 PM, et31 said:

Great, can you let us know the reply 

I just got the reply a few minutes ago (they are fast) It says PMDG is already investigating this issue and they hope to get it fixed with next update! 

According to this posted from August, PMDG was hoping to get it fixed "next update". ?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

What we don't know is whether it's an easy fix or not.  It could be... or it could be one of those situations where you pull on one thread, and everything unravels - which in this case would mean that you start out by tweaking one sound and wind up having to remix a bunch of others.  

If I recall correctly, Alexander said he'd put in a word with the other devs about beefing up the sound, so it'll likely get addressed at some point.

Not wishing to be a pain in the a** by continuing to ask about this, but it has been awhile. Is PMDG really going to do this fix?

Hi.

They will no doubt put an update out to fix several bugs/minor errors all at once , its a case of being patient .

regards Alan Cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

Been wondering too when shall this be fixed.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

They have a lot on their plate, with the -8 in development as well as the possible Max, so understandably the DC-6 is sort of on the back burner now. It is a stable and mature product, with these requested updates just being icing on the cake. It’ll get fixed, no doubt, but the question isn’t if it will, it’s when it will. After the -8 releases, I’d imagine we will see an update, if not sooner.

On 21/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, Milton Waddams said:

They have a lot on their plate, with the -8 in development as well as the possible Max, so understandably the DC-6 is sort of on the back burner now. It is a stable and mature product, with these requested updates just being icing on the cake. It’ll get fixed, no doubt, but the question isn’t if it will, it’s when it will. After the -8 releases, I’d imagine we will see an update, if not sooner.

It's a different team working in the jets - so fixing these shouldn't be a problem. I am sure it's just a matter of a short time.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

24 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

It's a different team working in the jets - so fixing these shouldn't be a problem. I am sure it's just a matter of a short time.

Indeed, it is. Thanks for the information, I didn't know it was a different team working on it, but that makes sense.