Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Voxatc over the network

If someone answers.. Maybe they can tell us line by line how to get it to properly work. What install where and how do you launch it etc.

Don't have a clue.

Bob M.

Bob M

See the VoxATC manual pages 82-83.  Make sure firewall settings are correct.

I got it to work (v7.41)... but was having problems with the voice configuration on the server.  A windows issue I think.  I haven't been back to resolve that.

But it otherwise connected and appeared to be working (minus voices).

4 hours ago, Glenlivet4me said:

See the VoxATC manual pages 82-83.  Make sure firewall settings are correct.

I got it to work (v7.41)... but was having problems with the voice configuration on the server.  A windows issue I think.  I haven't been back to resolve that.

But it otherwise connected and appeared to be working (minus voices).

read voxatc manual and clicked on voxatc net firewall setup.no cigar

Did you ever get your smoke?

Mind giving us a light if you did?

On 5/22/2019 at 3:54 AM, robs said:

Did you ever get your smoke?

robs

me neither with 7.42 (no connection)  ...... whereas as below i had a connection with a transfer of the indexer (?) but no subsequent joy with 7.41

On 11/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, Glenlivet4me said:

I got it to work (v7.41)... but was having problems with the voice configuration on the server

indeed ....... i noted that voices were the 32bit, not 64bit as used by 7.4x (with P3D4) standalone. i also had problems with "suitable runway not available" which suggests netserver can't read airport (xml) addons in P3D4. 

Jay wrote recently in a paralell thread "You cannot run VOXATC over a network other than having the AI aircraft server executable on a remote PC" ...... I'm not sure what he means & how but his suggest is it's of limited use anyway & given the standalone is of little comparative impact (AI processing) on the sim pc.

The other aside to all this is that the default install of netserver is to Program Files (x86), nt the 64bit folder where 7.42 is on the sim ...... is that not a tad quirky ?

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks.

I think Jay mean that the box atc server section just calculates and injects where the AI planes are but main voice prog is still on main PC.

it seems from lack of support that hardly anyone has got network Vox ATC working.

I have hit the buffers in my attempt.

there was no support forthcoming from anywhere so I uninstalled thoroughly and all voices using an uninstall utility (to sweep up after) and then carefully reinstalled. 

Indexer and panels look good and voice configure works.

Fired up sim. Track IR looks good so local simconnect works. Active sky and plan g works so remote simconnect works. Get to plane and open panel and enable vox atc....... and it says .... this version needs to be registered! 

It hasn’t been 30 days yet!

I have version 6 which I paid for so unless someone can tell me how to get the trail period reset so I can test 7.42 then I will just revert.

This version does seem flaky!