Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Very strange FPS phenomena

Hi, 

I noticed something very strange maybe some of you know it.I can start a flight at a specific airport with good FPS and 0 stutters all good. But after a flight of for example 500nm, i will reach to that same airport and at about 500-1000ft till after landing the FPS are extremely low and they will stay low all the time while on the ground. Any ideas what may causing this ?  

Thank you !

Roi Ben

Resource starvation maybe?

You should monitor your cpu, ram and gpu usage during the entire flight to see what 's happening.

Juan Ramos

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hi, 

I noticed something very strange maybe some of you know it.I can start a flight at a specific airport with good FPS and 0 stutters all good. But after a flight of for example 500nm, i will reach to that same airport and at about 500-1000ft till after landing the FPS are extremely low and they will stay low all the time while on the ground. Any ideas what may causing this ?  

Thank you !

You should mention what version do you have, there are big differences between V3 and V4.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Just now, dmarques69 said:

You should mention what version do you have, there are big differences between V3 and V4.

V4.1

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

V4.1

Are you experiencing any strange behaviour? slow loading auto gen, blurries?

Are you locking frames? what addons are you using?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

5 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Are you experiencing any strange behaviour? slow loading auto gen, blurries?

Are you locking frames? what addons are you using?

no strange things... locking frames in NI and unlimited in p3d. AS16 and ASCA

Roi Ben

Did you try a different airport and/or different plane to see if you have the same behaviour? i would start from there! and then check what xender said some posts above, i already saw all kinds of strange things/hard to explain symptoms in my P3D, for example, i have slow autogen loading depending on what aircraft im using :P

Marques

5 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Did you try a different airport and/or different plane to see if you have the same behaviour? i would start from there! and then check what xender said some posts above, i already saw all kinds of strange things/hard to explain symptoms in my P3D, for example, i have slow autogen loading depending on what aircraft im using :P

Yes ill do that ! thanks 

Roi Ben

OK so after some testing i could only reproduce this with the FSlabs A320... 

Roi Ben

Sadly I had to remove FSlab because of issue I had with FSX, I was annoyed with fact that I had to load trike and that I couldn't exist Sim properly, just had to force on exit. Didn't made any sense to be honest, but other than that nice bird, I was thinking installing it on P3D but I see there are still some problems....can you load scenario straight to A320? Can you end scenario "normally" ?

Alex 

Just now, cyyzrwy24 said:

Sadly I had to remove FSlab because of issue I had with FSX, I was annoyed with fact that I had to load trike and that I couldn't exist Sim properly, just had to force on exit. Didn't made any sense to be honest, but other than that nice bird, I was thinking installing it on P3D but I see there are still some problems....can you load scenario straight to A320? Can you end scenario "normally" ?

I guess so... i normally choose it from the scenario setup screen as soon as i load p3d. When i finish i just exit and thats it. Never had this plane on fsx. every once a while it does crash in the middle for no reason and going crazy by shutting off all the aircraft systems... overall its nice plane but some issues are simply killing the fun out of it. The problem with Fslabs is they take very long time to release fixes and updates. It shouldent be this way with this kind of addon imo.

Roi Ben

Originally when I bought it I was impressed and have to say has that realism and touch was very nice. Besides few things I mentioned, I was surprised that they haven't finished few very basic and important things in FMC (Fix, RAD, ETC). And exactly what you just mentioned, very slow on updates. Now they were pushing it to P3D. I will wait to get more feedback from Airbus drivers....But I personally didn't had any issues with performance i.e. low FPS....What worries me now is next Win update and what is going to happen.....

Alex 

4 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Originally when I bought it I was impressed and have to say has that realism and touch was very nice. Besides few things I mentioned, I was surprised that they haven't finished few very basic and important things in FMC (Fix, RAD, ETC). And exactly what you just mentioned, very slow on updates. Now they were pushing it to P3D. I will wait to get more feedback from Airbus drivers....But I personally didn't had any issues with performance i.e. low FPS....What worries me now is next Win update and what is going to happen.....

I stick to WIN7 still... works best for me. FIX and RAD are there now btw but other things still not ( Offset, winds etc...). But if you plan to use it in P3DV4 i would suggest you to wait if you like to fly in heavy payware airports... only after the next update release will be able to tell you if performance issues are good.

Roi Ben

I too occasionally get a strange FPS phenomenon.  Can be any plane.. default to pmdg.  Any time of day, any airport (grass strip to payware mega airport)....

I'll  jump into a scenario and FPS will be stuck in the mud (around 12-17 FPS) --> I'll then click upper left 'End Scenerio' option ---> prompt asks are you sure you want to exit? --> I'll answer 'no' and go back into the scenario at and sim will be back up to normal 60 FPS (60 Hz gsync 4K monitor).

its strange... anytime I edit inside a scenario I could get the 'stuck in mud' FPS... but all I have to do is prompt 'exit' and answer 'no' and FPS ramps back to normal 

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler