Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

FSLabs wants to develop new Concorde for v4

14 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I never heard he left, shame.

Actually I'm not sure he left... but wasn't that the point of hiring all the new 'journalists' to take over the site? I never see him creating news articles in there, making streams or commenting news... 

I was under the impression, that he because he - to paraphrase a famous saying - got an offer he couldn't refuse. But whether he left temporary or permanently I don't know, though.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Day one buy for me. Love to see the modernised VC.

8 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

if PMDG will also announce reborn of MD11 i am done 

I think they categorically killed that one off.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Just now, DavidP said:

Day one buy for me. Love to see the modernised VC.

I think they categorically killed that one off.

Sure did. Concorde would definitely be a day one buy for me as well!

In the text, FSLabs have stated that this would probably be the last Concorde developed for a PC flight simulation. Does this mean that P3D v4 will be the last version supported, or would support be extended for a future v5 (but the base would be identical, much like the Concorde that was originally developed for FSX was made compatible with P3D v2 and v3). I am asking, since by the time the new Concorde would be released, P3D v5 would not be too far away (provided that LM keep their 2-year period for bringing out new P3D versions)

• Upvote 1

I sent the email, but frankly i question this approach. PMDG are always saying that the people on here represent a small fraction of the individuals that buy there products, i think that also extends to flight sim news sites.

I already have the A320, i'll be buying the other members of the A3 family, so i think Concorde; if it ever happens, will be a nice change.

Has anyone tried emailing the address wantmd11@pmdg.com?  You never know! :)

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

20 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

In the text, FSLabs have stated that this would probably be the last Concorde developed for a PC flight simulation. Does this mean that P3D v4 will be the last version supported, or would support be extended for a future v5 (but the base would be identical, much like the Concorde that was originally developed for FSX was made compatible with P3D v2 and v3). I am asking, since by the time the new Concorde would be released, P3D v5 would not be too far away (provided that LM keep their 2-year period for bringing out new P3D versions)

They are referring to the last completely new version, which is what it will most likely be. As always, they’ll support their customers and will evaluate whether or not it’s doable to update to future platforms when those platforms arrive. They are saying a 2018 release for the Concorde.

13 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I sent the email, but frankly i question this approach. PMDG are always saying that the people on here represent a small fraction of the individuals that buy there products, i think that also extends to flight sim news sites.

I already have the A320, i'll be buying the other members of the A3 family, so i think Concorde; if it ever happens, will be a nice change.

Has anyone tried emailing the address wantmd11@pmdg.com?  You never know! :)

How else would they gauge interest?

A huge dilemma for me. FSL A320 is my #1 aircraft.

Concorde is my #1 all time favourite Airliner  but I don’t like flying long haul.

EGLL to KJFK would be really the classic route.

I don’t know, But a version done as well as the A320 is very appealing.

No email as am not 100% sure more like 50/50.

Sorry FSL just not sure.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Concorde is my #1 all time favourite Airliner  but I don’t like flying long haul.

Long haul with Concorde is short haul. :wink:

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A huge dilemma for me. FSL A320 is my #1 aircraft.

EGLL to KJFK would be really the classic route.

No email as am not 100% sure more like 50/50.

Sorry FSL just not sure.

David, Concorde didn’t do long haul :wink:. What’s the flight time for an A320 from EGLL to LIRF? Around 3 hours? Twenty minutes more and you’ve done EGLL-KJFK. :wink:

And with Pierre’s superb CPS-X you can get all the required data for any Concorde flight. Heck, you can even fly it subsonic at Mach 0.95 and it’s still 100mph faster than an Airbus. Have I convinced you? :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And with Pierre’s superb CPS-X you can get all the required data for any Concorde flight. Heck, you can even fly it subsonic at Mach 0.95 and it’s still 100mph faster than an Airbus. Have I convinced you? :biggrin:

Exactly!  The only caveat is:  Be prepared to pay a huge fuel bill if you decide to fly short haul on Concorde - I mean, virtual fuel bill :wink:

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

David, Concorde didn’t do long haul :wink:. What’s the flight time for an A320 from EGLL to LIRF? Around 3 hours? Twenty minutes more and you’ve done EGLL-KJFK. :wink:

Yes you have, I will send email now :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

26 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Anyone want to guess how many emails they’ve got so far?:laugh:

I’m wondering what amount they might want to have promised before they make a commitment.

50 would raise $5000 - almost certainly not enough.

150 = $15000 - probably the minimum in my mind.

FSL don’t reveal numbers sold so this is pure speculation on my part but I would guess they’ve sold well in excess of 150 Concordes for FSX and P3D v3. So there has to be a reasonable chance they would get sufficient numbers.

And bear in mind they will have learned an awful lot about 64-bit when working on the A320 that will help with Concorde. Still a lot of work especially with the FE panel. A major factor is Andrew loves Concorde. He wants to do this and just needs the financial backing. Spread the word chaps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

Exactly!  The only caveat is:  Be prepared to pay a huge fuel bill if you decide to fly short haul on Concorde - I mean, virtual fuel bill :wink:

I’ve never bought one of those packages that works out your costs but for me it would be equal or greater than the UK’s BREXIT bill!! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather