Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

KSTL Taxi2Gate

Has anyone gotten this to work in 4.1?  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to install it.  If anyone has success, would you mind letting me know how?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

I too wonder about this. I was thinking about picking up STL for the VATSIM FNO tonight.

My thoughts exactly

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Anyone get this running in 4.1?  No matter what I do, I can't seem to load this correctly.  Thanks!

Anyone?

I'm going to pass on any of their sceneries until they get VHHH and MMMX up and running P3Dv4.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I have it installed in P3DV4.1 and it works great!  It was already installed as I had FSX (boxed) installed but I do recall having issues with it originally with trees and stuff on Runway 11 but it's gone now. 

Once installed in FSX I opened up the Lorby_Si Addon Organizer and added the KSTL_FSX_Terrain\Scenery first and then added KSTL_FSX\Scenery second (Terrain must be lower in priority).  I then went into Other addons and added KSTL_FSX_TERRAIN\Texture and KSTL_FSX\Texture components. 

On the Taxi2Gate site they do have an update for the Runway 11 ILS.

Good luck!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In the Taxi2Gate site they do have an update for the Runway 11 ILS.

Good luck!

They released a KSTL without the Rwy 11 ILS?  And did they include the approach code as well, with their update?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

54 minutes ago, Mace said:

They released a KSTL without the Rwy 11 ILS?  And did they include the approach code as well, with their update?

I guess so.  In any case there's an update on their site.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 18/01/2018 at 8:33 PM, Bluestar said:

I'm going to pass on any of their sceneries until they get VHHH and MMMX up and running P3Dv4.

blaustern

MMMX is working fine for me in P3Dv4.

• Upvote 1

They either need to update, or we need someone else to create a New.. I am so ready to fly to KSTL

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

I wouldn't hold my breath on an update.  T2G seems to have fallen completely off the grid.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 1/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Jim Young said:

I have it installed in P3DV4.1 and it works great!  It was already installed as I had FSX (boxed) installed but I do recall having issues with it originally with trees and stuff on Runway 11 but it's gone now. 

Once installed in FSX I opened up the Lorby_Si Addon Organizer and added the KSTL_FSX_Terrain\Scenery first and then added KSTL_FSX\Scenery second (Terrain must be lower in priority).  I then went into Other addons and added KSTL_FSX_TERRAIN\Texture and KSTL_FSX\Texture components. 

On the Taxi2Gate site they do have an update for the Runway 11 ILS.

Good luck!

Can you share your AFCAD file for it please? Mine seems to be clearing all AI to decend to flight level "0" to intercept the ILS.

I've just posted to Alpha India Group to try to find a fix.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=31443.0

Thanks,

Emerson

I am not using any special AFCAD.  I am using the one that comes with the software from Alpha India Group.  On their site - http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84, look at the fixes and download the new AFCAD located on the same line.

Might add, I do not monitor AI whatsoever so do not know if I have the same problem. 

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, emersonbattle said:

Can you share your AFCAD file for it please? Mine seems to be clearing all AI to decend to flight level "0" to intercept the ILS.

I've just posted to Alpha India Group to try to find a fix.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=31443.0

Thanks,

Emerson

I made an AFCAD for KSTL in 2008 or 2009, that has all of the approach code (all published approaches) for the "then new" runway, probably everything Taxi2Gate's is missing there.  However, I would imagine it will not work in P3Dv4.x.  A person would almost have to go in there and separate the approach code from the rest of the AFCAD using ADE probably, assuming ADE now supports approach creation (it didn't, back then).

Anyway, it's in the AVSIM File Library I think.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB