Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Ultimate Traffic Live current status?

I am not happy with UTlive at the moment  but have hope for its future based on past reputations of Flight1 products. Lots of planes sitting doing nothing, in Europe anyways. I am back to only using Traffic360 after uninstalling UTlive30

For those currently using it in V4 how is the performance?  I have MT6 and it works fine but I do get more of a performance hit than I would like.  Plus the author seems to be having some health issues so I'm not sure how much ongoing support it will have.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I'm not seeing any performance hit at all, but I'll agree with others that the limited aircraft/liveries is discouraging and they've had forever to update it.  If the author isn't available, then it's time to bring someone else in - at least to create liveries.

There are a lot of people flying MD-80's on VATSIM and we're about to see a lot more people doing so when the Leonardo Maddog is released, but no aircraft or livery for this aircraft in UTL.  Terrible!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The latest update is working great for me.. but no Air NZ regional traffic (Dash 8 3's)  and No Virgin Australia at all ?? And no Air Asia X flights showing up either.. It looks like the 380 AI model has been improved but as far as I can tell the CRJ's are still matchstick models..

Overall, am impressed and hope the Flight programming aspect is eventually included so we can introduce our own flight plans

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

Plus the author seems to be having some health issues so I'm not sure how much ongoing support it will have.

This is not the case anymore, he had some health issues but he is back working full time.

Simbol

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm not seeing any performance hit at all, but I'll agree with others that the limited aircraft/liveries is discouraging and they've had forever to update it.  If the author isn't available

They did that with ultimate traffic 2 to be honest. 

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes, this was part of the features introduced this week.

Simbol 

Hi Simbol,

Are you able to elaborate on this. Did this get released yet or still being worked on. Did they manage to comply with the RVSM rules.

If they have I’ll be removing all my BGL traffic files and updating my UTL.

thx

IM

18 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Hi Simbol,

Are you able to elaborate on this. Did this get released yet or still being worked on. Did they manage to comply with the RVSM rules.

If they have I’ll be removing all my BGL traffic files and updating my UTL.

thx

IM

Quoted by the developer via email:

the RVSM altitudes have been fixed for the aircraft as well.

This is on our private release, you need to wait until they make it available to general public.

Hopefully soon as we are not finding any issues during tests.

Simbol 

Does UTL have any relevance for GA flying at FL250 and below?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

37 minutes ago, simbol said:

Quoted by the developer via email:

the RVSM altitudes have been fixed for the aircraft as well.

This is on our private release, you need to wait until they make it available to general public.

Hopefully soon as we are not finding any issues during tests.

Simbol 

That’s great Simbol.

Thanks for letting us know. UTL is certainly shaping up to be even more awesomer.

IM

So after all the opinions are still divided :)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

So after all the opinions are still divided :)

No matter how good a product is, only half the people will be happy, half the time.

8 hours ago, tooting said:

They did that with ultimate traffic 2 to be honest. 

I only know 4 people who write flight sim code full time, so I'm not surprised that UTL's dev is part time.  But he's set/setting a new standard for part time work and it's enormously dissatisfying - and it's extremely rare for me to criticize any developer (especially given that I'm often on the back end).

On top of that, it dosn't take some to write code to create more aircraft/liveries, and they should be bale to pump out a few aircraft each week.

As I said, the program is working well for me and doesn't have a large overhead which I'm very happy about.  But snails are out pacing the development on this product and the distributor might want to wake up to that fact sooner rather than later - at least before the My Traffic guys get busy and swoop in.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.