Sign in to follow this  
Mangouste

SYNTHETIC VISION SYSTEM

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Nigellgh said:

. I may be very dense here but what does this synthetic vision give you that looking out of the cockpit window doesn't? Perhaps spending shed loads of money on very nice scenery add ons and not looking out of the window(s) is the way to go.:blink::blink::bengong:

It's nice if you are trying to land on a dirt airstrip in some third world country at night.  Quite often, these strips do not have lights of any kind.  Also seeing some of the dirt or grass strips can be a real problem.  With the synthetic vision, they are as clear as day.

My SVS is also not working.

P3D 4.3 - Suggestions of using GTN are not welcome..(I love the GTN, but want to use what I paid Carenado for! I have the GTN in almost everything else.)

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

So I've just spent $42 plus Australian dollars for the SVS and the only G1000 plane I have is the Phenom 100. So now this bloody $42 investment crashes the sim every time I load the Phenom, not happy at all. Yes I've made exceptions in the firewall and Bitdefender virus protection etc etc etc. Uninstalled both the plane and the SVS and still it crashes the sim. I would have thought these issues would have been sorted by Carenado.

If your using P3d, try uninstall the client and reinstalling it. It worked for me. also uninstall ezca2 and remove the Carenavigraph.dll entries and the file itself. Made a world of difference for me.

I'm reviving this thread in hopes of a solution (for FSX-Steam)

1. Bought the Phenom 100

2. Bought SVS

3. Both are the latest versions

4. Installed SVS but it won't show on the G 1000. (no mods installed).

5. Firewall exceptions etc. all fine

6. I only see the "Terr Err" on the PFD

7. I do see the Carenado logo with SVS started in my Systray

8. Furthermore, loading the default trike, then switching to the Phenom 100 crashes FSX-Steam. It only works if I load the Phenom 100 directly.

Finally, how do I uninstall SVS?

Thanks!

Ricardo

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm reviving this thread in hopes of a solution (for FSX-Steam)

1. Bought the Phenom 100

2. Bought SVS

3. Both are the latest versions

4. Installed SVS but it won't show on the G 1000. (no mods installed).

5. Firewall exceptions etc. all fine

6. I only see the "Terr Err" on the PFD

7. I do see the Carenado logo with SVS started in my Systray

8. Furthermore, loading the default trike, then switching to the Phenom 100 crashes FSX-Steam. It only works if I load the Phenom 100 directly.

Finally, how do I uninstall SVS?

Thanks!

Ricardo

You need to learn how to edit you panel.cfg file. There is an entry that goes there. If you use SVS successfuly you can copy that code from one of the ones that works from its panel.cfg.  Im using it on the Phenom 300.  Same code.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:42 AM, mattdee said:

So I've just spent $42 plus Australian dollars for the SVS and the only G1000 plane I have is the Phenom 100. So now this bloody $42 investment crashes the sim every time I load the Phenom, not happy at all. Yes I've made exceptions in the firewall and Bitdefender virus protection etc etc etc. Uninstalled both the plane and the SVS and still it crashes the sim. I would have thought these issues would have been sorted by Carenado.

Sounds like a simconnect problem to me?

11 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

You need to learn how to edit you panel.cfg file. There is an entry that goes there. If you use SVS successfuly you can copy that code from one of the ones that works from its panel.cfg.  Im using it on the Phenom 300.  Same code.

What do you mean by an "entry that goes there"? What entry am I missing? I've opened up a "support ticket" with Carenado. I suspect I'll here back in a couple of weeks, if at all. 

In your panel.cfg for the 100  Add the following in the [Vcockpit01}  section -

gauge09=Carenado_G1000_SVS\WebSimSVS!WebSimSVS,1,1,1,1,C_G1000.ini

Add it as the last entry fo that section.  Should work after that. Provided that you bought a legal copy of SVS from Carenado. An yeah, they're support is and always been terrible. But so has most other Flightsim products.  You get used to it.

Edited by Mark Niebauer
typo

I already have this entry in this section:

gauge05=Carenado_G1000_SVS\WebSimSVS!WebSimSVS,1,1,1,1,C_G1000.ini

I added your entry but still no luck. ....

Then there is something installed incorrectly somewhere. I would try to re-download SVS from your carenado account and re-install it. Pirated copies will also exhibit this problem.

Edited by Mark Niebauer
additions

Could you kindly stop insinuating that I have a "pirated copy"?

I already redownloaded SVs and reinstalled it, same result, the problem being that there isn't even an "uninstall" option anywhere. Anyways, I'll see what Carenado support has to say.