Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

THANKSGIVING DEALS

PCAviator USA is having a sale this week.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

PCAviator USA is having a sale this week.

Web link please...reward my laziness. ..

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Web link please...reward my laziness. ..

Sorry Boomer. I thought that links to stores were not allowed at AVSIM.

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Pfft, no idea why if not allowed.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

I'm looking for a good bizjet. How about the Lionheart Learjet LJ24B, looks like a good deal, but no V4 it seems..

Not ready for v4, but if you want the best Learjet, check out the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25D. It's outstanding!

35 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Not ready for v4, but if you want the best Learjet, check out the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25D. It's outstanding!

Yeah I have an eye on that one as well.:wink: Thanks for the hint José. 

Does anyone have any opinions on the Drzewiecki Design airports?  I have Washington, which I like (minus the blurry photoreal in V4) and am debating getting a couple of the others.  I already have FSDT JFK but LGA would be nice to have and maybe one of their other eastern European airports.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

3 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Drzewiecki Design airports?  I have Washington, which I like (minus the blurry photoreal in V4) and am debating getting a couple of the others.  I already have FSDT JFK but LGA would be nice to have and maybe one of their other eastern European airports.

Their City sceneries are amazing for XPlane because they don't affect the autogen and perform well.

NYC airports are a bargain for P3d V4. They are alll updated and well done.

Unfortunately, NYC and most major cities in P3D & FSX don't perform well at all on my machine.

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

As stated in the AVSIM Terms of Service, advertising in the Bargain Hunter's Forum by individuals and developers is allowed.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

22 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Drzewiecki Design airports? 

I am very happy with realism of KLGA scenery even though there is one wrong taxiway or runway number (do not remember which one) letter marking on taxiway.

Just bought 2 weeks ago EETN scenery that I have not yet installed into my laptop.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

On 18/11/2017 at 4:17 PM, sfgiants13 said:

I also have FSDT JFK and the various  Drzewiecki New York airports. However, you may struggle to run FSDT JFK and DD LGA together if you are using FSX.

Bill

I have P3D V4 so I'm not worried about VAS.  Which version do you prefer for JFK?  I don't need the other JFK but I need a LGA and for $10 I can't really pass it up.  I actually get pretty good performance at JFK so performance isn't a huge issue for me.  Somehow I get better performance at JFK than I do with Flightbeam's PHX.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

15 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Which version do you prefer for JFK?

Having purchased the v4-upgraded series of DD's airports for New York I felt back to FSDT's JFK while keeping all the other new airports from DD. While the textures of DD's JFK actually look more modern I missed the safegates / safedocks that FSDT had implemented in their version. It made a big difference for me. For the other New York airports there is anyway no alternative.

Regards
Frank