Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

THANKSGIVING DEALS

For the  Drzewiecki Design airports what is the framerate impact?
I have the New York City and Airport demos and have disabled both because of big pauses as they come into sight :(
Presumably the full product must be worse?

Tempted by the Miami City with 'lite' airports instead - hoping the lite airports will be a more consistent load...

Thanks
Keith

FSDT scenery 30% off and additional 10% on Tuesday at PCA.  Good price at less than $21usd on most and another 10% on Tuesday.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=999

• Upvote 1

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, keithb77 said:

For the  Drzewiecki Design airports what is the framerate impact?

Never have problem with DD's KLGA scenery in my laptop using FSX.  Smooth

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I can't find the field to put in the coupon at FSDT. Guess I'll hold off buying.

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

I can't find the field to put in the coupon at FSDT. Guess I'll hold off buying.

When you click on "checkout" (don't click the PayPal option), it brings you to a page where you fill out your information, and there will be a field at the bottom to enter the coupon. After you do that, you will still have the option to use PayPal if you wish.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

23 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

I have P3D V4 so I'm not worried about VAS.  Which version do you prefer for JFK?  I don't need the other JFK but I need a LGA and for $10 I can't really pass it up.  I actually get pretty good performance at JFK so performance isn't a huge issue for me.  Somehow I get better performance at JFK than I do with Flightbeam's PHX.  

I personally prefer the FSDT version of JFK, but, to be fair, the DD version is pretty good too. Combining either with DD LGA pushed VAS usage in FSX close to the limit, but that clearly won't be an issue for you with P3D V4.

Bill

Thanks for the input everyone.  I jumped on the LGA/JFK and also picked up Moscow.  I thought about grabbing some others but I don't need to go crazy and there's plenty of payware airports I still haven't hit.  With my $5 coupon and the 10% off today I picked up the two for a grand total of $15.  Not bad!

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1 hour ago, oriusmagus said:

anyone know if the Drzewiecki Design New York City addon listed at flightsimstore is the actual v2?

I think if it's P3Dv4 compatible it must be V2? The video claims to be of V1, but the same video is at PCAviator and they say NYC is V2.

I went for the Xplane version, which I now discover is based on V1... oh well ...

Cheers
Keith

2 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I think if it's P3Dv4 compatible it must be V2?

Not always the case at all. That's why many products that were updated to run with v4 still need the older version to stay compatible with older versions of P3D. People tend to lump all versions of P3D into the same catagory, but the reality is, P3Dv4 is a completely different sim. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

It's just a 64-bit conversion...but what I meant was that DD wouldn't have bothered updating V1 of NYC to be P3Dv4 compatible as v2 was already out when P3Dv4 came out.

Cheers
Keith

• Upvote 1