Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

ATC handoff back and forth...

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Get a real ATC program like Pro ATC X and stop using  ATC that seems like it is being run by a three year old, and I hate to insult three year olds. 

Pro-ATC/X is definitely a worthy program. Out of the box it will import your flight plan into PMDG 777, 737, JS41, MD-11, I-Fly I believe is also supported Quality Wings Aerosoft Airbus and all default planes.
Although I do believe they need to update their program to include additional (Thinking Majestic and CRJ700/900).

I've been completely satisfied with the software and it routes wonderfully. (Best of all it's not saved/setup as a scenario).

Edited by AAN1718A
Added more 3rd Party Aircraft

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

So you don't see anything wrong with ATC telling you to fly 2 miles. make a 70 degree turn to the left, 5 more miles a 60 degree turn to the right, 4 miles more, a 55 degree turn to the left, etc. etc........:bengong:

Well I never said it was perfect.  On balance though I prefer what default brings over proatc-x.  And what i don’t like about default i can work around.  I really don’t like flying a westjet flight in proatcx and being referred to as “W-J-A 243”.  That to me is much worse, but to each their own.

Beyond the voice pack issues. Proatc-x also has annoying habits, like when I depart from an airport without a SID (or a basic SID like runway heading climb to 5000) it will still insist on vectoring me to a waypoint before on-route.

Now if we could somehow mesh the two together so you had the voicepacks of default ATC and some of the background guts of Proatcx I think we’d have a winner.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, AAN1718A said:

Pro-ATC/X is definitely a worthy program. Out of the box it will import your flight plan into PMDG 777, 737, JS41, MD-11, I-Fly I believe is also supported Quality Wings Aerosoft Airbus and all default planes.
Although I do believe they need to update their program to include additional (Thinking Majestic and CRJ700/900).

I've been completely satisfied with the software and it routes wonderfully. (Best of all it's not saved/setup as a scenario).

I have done about 50 flights in the last month or so with PATC,  and the ATC has been superb, in my opinion. Couldn't ask for anything more realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Well I never said it was perfect.  On balance though I prefer what default brings over proatc-x.  And what i don’t like about default i can work around.  I really don’t like flying a westjet flight in proatcx and being referred to as “W-J-A 243”.  That to me is much worse, but to each their own.

Beyond the voice pack issues. Proatc-x also has annoying habits, like when I depart from an airport without a SID (or a basic SID like runway heading climb to 5000) it will still insist on vectoring me to a waypoint before on-route.

Now if we could somehow mesh the two together so you had the voicepacks of default ATC and some of the background guts of Proatcx I think we’d have a winner.

Interesting, I don't have that issue. Without a SID I follow my path to the first outbound waypoint without PATC giving vectors. I do agree about the voice, the call signs are a bit wonky. They do have software to make your own voice set. I tried it, but since I am lazy I didn't get very far.:biggrin:

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

Interesting, I don't have that issue. Without a SID I follow my path to the first outbound waypoint without PATC giving vectors. I do agree about the voice, the call signs are a bit wonky. They do have software to make your own voice set. I tried it, but since I am lazy I didn't get very far.:biggrin:

Have you tried downloading all the free voice sets and installing them which is beyond easy? http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think I’ll give it another shot, it has been a while so maybe my issue was fixed in a patch since I last installed it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

23 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I think I’ll give it another shot, it has been a while so maybe my issue was fixed in a patch since I last installed it.

If you haven't updated to the latest version, you are in for a surprise. 

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Have you tried downloading all the free voice sets and installing them which is beyond easy? http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

I did and am using them. Dave (Regis9) is correct when the voice is using call signs and intersection names. You do have the option for using Phonetic and Standard pronunciations but still sound mechanical in nature. Aside from that minor annoyance though, the program works great.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

16 minutes ago, AAN1718A said:

I did and am using them. Dave (Regis9) is correct when the voice is using call signs and intersection names. You do have the option for using Phonetic and Standard pronunciations but still sound mechanical in nature. Aside from that minor annoyance though, the program works great.

You might like Pilotedge then, if hearing one person as your controller for  an entire flight doesn't bother you. 

I tried a flight last night and I have to say, those new free voicepacks do improve things a lot, though there are still a lot of missing callsigns.  I’m going to try a few more flights... 

Dave