Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Star Wars Freaks...

It's saddening to see how some people waste their lives on something so insignificant... http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/...s.ap/index.htmlIf I read this right, many people are lining up for Star Wars more than a MONTH before it's released! Spend a month waiting for a stupid movie? Not just waiting, but waiting in line... AT the theater. Come on people...

Todd, would you wait in line for a month for an AVSIM review? Of course you would. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Guess I'd better go buy my tickets tomorrow! :( (good thing the theatres here allow advance ticket sales.. :D)Seriously..... As much as I like it, I'm not crazy enough about it to wait in line for over a month.... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

eh I'll wait for it to come out on DVD, it will sound better and look better at my house ;-). I used to go see movies in the theater but most of them no longer care for how it sounds or looks.Andrew

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=135915I've tracked down the first wishlist for FS2006 posted on this site to about 2 weeks after the release of FS2004, or an estimated 2.5 years before the expected release of FS2006.Now that's really sad...I think the first such list was posted on fs.com even before FS2004 went gold...

Lol, good stuff.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest danowat

Do you tell people you are a FS fan?, I sure as heck don't, I used to but got tired of the reaction, we are in the same boat as the Star Wars freaks, we are anoraks, geeks, whatever spin you want to put on it.I am sure that if I told people how much money I have spent on FS over the years then the men in white coats would be coming to get me straight away :-lol.And is it so different from all the people "virtually" queing up for the next greatest FS release? ;)Dan.

Tom,I doubt that Todd would wait in line outside a cinema (or any other building) for a month for an AVSIM (or any other) review ;-)And he has a point. Standing in a queue for that length of time, just to see a movie that we will all eventually see anyway is, well......a bit daft.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png