Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

Axis Assignments

Hello

I wish to confirm, is it a requirement for PMDG aircraft to have the controllers enabled in SETTINGS-CONTROLS when setting the throttle axis or can I set the throttle axis from within FSUIPC?

Clive Alexander

I may get shot for this but I have always used FSUIPC for throttle axis in all my PMDG aircraft.

BUT: as someone from PMDG stated, it does not mean that problems will not occur doing so. They highly recommend not using FSUIPC. Maybe I have just been lucky so far.

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

IF you want to go down this route, I recommend deleting the axes in the SIM. And then assign the same axes as direct to FSUIPC calibration. This saves you from having issues with the speedbrake lever if you are going to assign it to an axis. I had a lot of trouble with that.

CAUTION.... As Kyle has warned many times. Be prepared to do a LOT of reading and research when going the FSUIPC route. It's not for the faint of heart.

Good Luck (In Taken phone voice) 😀

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Thank you for the replies

As I have the Hotas Warthog throttle and joystick I have also started to have a look at software  named LINDA to assign my settings.  Although LINDA requires FSUIPC from what I have read LINDA provides more in depth control

Clive Alexander

Alexander,

I have set my Warthog with Linda (no additional software, just LInda) and it works great, plug in and assign, ready!

As for the axis, i use only FSUIPC, and have never had problems with this.  Make sure you have disabled all FS-assigns for the buttons and axis you use in Linda and FSUIPC.

Bear in mind Linda does NOT control axis, only buttons of your joystick and throttle.

Axis need to be callibrated via FSUIPC (or flightsim itself, its your choice).

I'm using P3Dv4, Win10 64bit - 1703.