Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Liquid Cooling Immersion

WOW ! Nice find! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Yep, read about this a few years ago. It'd actually been around since the Cray 2 super computer days, but ultra expense. This company has cut the cost. I believe they make them to order for their clients. Not sure who those clients are. 

Right, I'm off to duct tape up the gaps in my PC case, remove the fans and get a couple of gallons of the stuff. :happy:

Seriously, I wonder how quickly the fluid is lost to evaporation? I saw the sprinkler pipes in that video.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Decent coolant for custom loops can be non-conductive of course, but over time metallic debris accumulates and it becomes conductive. Not sure if the juice this company uses ever has to be replaced for the same reason.

Just now, HighBypass said:

Right, I'm off to duct tape up the gaps in my PC case, remove the fans and get a couple of gallons of the stuff. :happy:

Seriously, I wonder how quickly the fluid is lost to evaporation? I saw the sprinkler pipes in that video.

Guess it would have to be topped up. As I mentioned above though, I wonder if it becomes conductive over time. 

Hey if it really cools our PCs that much better, then we can overclock to 7ghz for flying. We just need a big group buy discount on Avsim. :biggrin:

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Im filling my bath up with my latest aquisition... 

Super gunk given to me by inter dimensional aliens. 500 GHZ expected by friday. 

• Upvote 2

I don't quite get it--is the entire contents of your PC submerged in this stuff?  That would only work if you removed the fans from GPU and CPU correct?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

36 minutes ago, Noel said:

I don't quite get it--is the entire contents of your PC submerged in this stuff?  That would only work if you removed the fans from GPU and CPU correct?

Correct. All heatsinks, fans, and pumps removed according to article and video. The heat goes to the surface and evaporates is my understanding. Still bizarre to see but cool

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Yep, as Dave said, all of the cooling is via the fluid and subsequent evaporation. No fans or heat sinks. The fluid is the heat sink. 

No good for the likes of us, vastly expensive and high maintenance, designed for data centres etc.