Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Where are the females!???

We have a 33 1/3 - 33 1/3 - 33 1/3 relationship Rob.

There are three lives in a marriage.  The wife's life.  The husband's life.  And the together life. 

She has her sewing and quilt making and computer and TV shows.  I have my flight simulation and my Great Courses and computer and TV shows.

There are TV shows we both enjoy and watch together in the living room..  TV shows that only interest her she goes down to her she-shack and watches them.  TV shows that only interest me I watch in my man-cave.

We go bird watching and we both used to volunteer at the wildlife refuge.  We both enjoyed hiking in the mountains and did that together.  For a while fly fishing was my hobby but she later became interested in it and it became a together thing.  But she never did go hunting with me.

When I was flying she would never go with me.  She's afraid to fly.  But it was OK for me to fly.

We have our together circle of friends and she has her circle of women friends and I have my circle of men friends.

It's been working for over 50 years.

Noel

• Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I work with my wife professionally ... I'm in charge of software development and she's in charge of QA (quality assurance) ... it's a miracle we're still together after 17 years of a professional working partnership that often spills out to the home life.  However, she does have her own clothing design business on the side that keeps her busy and we manage our "me" times reasonably well and it's important that we both make time for vacations together.

Personally, I believe marriage is a rather out dated concept supported by a rather high divorce and separation rate across the globe (doesn't matter if it's M-F, M-M, or F-F) ... a piece of paper or ceremony doesn't drive an internal commitment.  People do change in any relationship, I've changed, my wife has changed, but we still find comfort and support in each other and realize that navigating life is easier together than apart ... we feed of each other's perspectives to find a balance and understanding beyond our worlds.

Cheers, Rob.

Not married, but agree with Rob.

Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

LOL, I couldn't get my husband to go hunting or fishing. He loafed around camp while I fished. I went hunting with friends. I'm glad he didn't go hunting. I handed him a pistol once, to fire at a target 30 feet away; in front of an 8 foot berm. He missed the berm !

Sue

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2017 at 6:17 AM, Penzoil3 said:

Doug I miss everybody from OrbX, since I was exiled. I'm still around. I mostly lurk here. I'll have to say something more often, I guess. I've been flight simming for 19 years.

Sue

AKA

Penzoi3

That situation at ORBX was the worst decision I've ever seen a forum manager make. Absolutely disgraceful. Anyway, it's sooooo good to hear from you again. And Noel too. I have to start coming here more often.........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Sue, I'll bet you were a tree climber when you were a kid.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:22 AM, Penzoil3 said:

Bull, you old dinosaur. With respect, ( Mama taught me to respect my elders ) but it's still bull.  Now you see why I lurk !

LOL

Sue

Sue, I sure miss seeing your point of view on the other forum.

What you call Bull, I know as truth because I lived it.   

When I stated that it is baked into our DNA I should have said that it is the default state of any low energy social group.  Women are much better at seeing differences which make them better food gathers while men are better at seeing movement which makes them better hunters.

Because women had to raise the children their role defaulted to nest builder while the men had to go into the forest to hunt which left them little time for nest building.   

WW1 and WW2 taught us "old dinosaurs" that with the exception of a task that required greater than normal body strength, women can perform any task that men can do. 

Women have been fighting "barefoot and pregnant"  since Ayla in Clan Of The Cave Bear and still continues on today mostly because "Men work from Sun to Sun" and they do not want a job "That is never Done".  That coupled with the fact that most men were scared of losing that hot meal when they got home, they do their best to keep "The Girls" down.  :ohmy:

Women raised before the 50's were taught that their main goal in life was to Get Married and Raise a Family. 

Father Knows Best (1954-1960) was one of the top 10 TV shows and won 6 Emmy Awards

I got married on a Saturday in 1954 and the next Monday my wife quit her job and did not return to work for the next 10 years continuing a tradition that was thousands of years old. My wife was a "Housewife" because she wanted to be one, not because I demanded it of her.  Hell, I wanted her to go back to work so we could have the extra income

Dale 

ps.  My daughter turns 62 this year.  You are right, I am an old dinosaur.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, birdguy said:

We have a 33 1/3 - 33 1/3 - 33 1/3 relationship Rob.

There are three lives in a marriage.  The wife's life.  The husband's life.  And the together life. 

She has her sewing and quilt making and computer and TV shows.  I have my flight simulation and my Great Courses and computer and TV shows.

There are TV shows we both enjoy and watch together in the living room..  TV shows that only interest her she goes down to her she-shack and watches them.  TV shows that only interest me I watch in my man-cave.

We go bird watching and we both used to volunteer at the wildlife refuge.  We both enjoyed hiking in the mountains and did that together.  For a while fly fishing was my hobby but she later became interested in it and it became a together thing.  But she never did go hunting with me.

When I was flying she would never go with me.  She's afraid to fly.  But it was OK for me to fly.

We have our together circle of friends and she has her circle of women friends and I have my circle of men friends.

It's been working for over 50 years.

Noel

You do have it figured out, good on you.

Dale

14 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

LOL, I couldn't get my husband to go hunting or fishing. He loafed around camp while I fished. I went hunting with friends. I'm glad he didn't go hunting. I handed him a pistol once, to fire at a target 30 feet away; in front of an 8 foot berm. He missed the berm !

Sue

I took my wife to the range one afternoon to do a little pistol shooting.

She put 5 out of 7 center mass at 10 yards.

I never argued with her again.:laugh:

Dale

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

I took my wife to the range one afternoon to do a little pistol shooting.

She put 5 out of 7 center mass at 10 yards.

I never argued with her again.:laugh:

Dale

The first time my wife and I went to the range she put three out of five rounds in a-place-where-i-shall-not-mention. I've never argued with her again either.....Doug

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Several years ago our WalMart teamed up with the Roswell Gun Club and sponsored a handgun familiarization class for women. The class was held at the club's range.  Husbands and boy friends were not allowed to be present.  Betty took my Glock and said they taught them gun safety, individual training on how to operate the gun they brought, let them each fire 25 rounds at the targets, and then showed them how to clean the guns after firing.

Noel 

Yes Noel I was a tree climber. One of the reasons my husband and I moved in together was me following him up a tree. We did a day trip to the river, and my following him up the tree decided him I was worth keeping. Not sex, not cooking, but tree chasing...

What the heck, it worked, we were together 34 years when he died...

LOL

Sue

• Upvote 1

I figured out marriage, Dale, but that doesn't mean I figured out women.

I once wrote a book titled, "Everything I Know About Women."  But I couldn't find a publisher willing to publish 300 blank pages.

Noel

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I once wrote a book titled, "Everything I Know About Women."  But I couldn't find a publisher willing to publish 300 blank pages.

Pfft, try a 14 year old daughter...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

It would be nice if there were more females into flightsim... some 20 year-old groupies who hang on to my every word would nice...:gaul:

Alas, the standard FS2Crew groupie is a middle-aged German engineer from Hamburg...:bengong:

• Upvote 1