Sign in to follow this  
tremor595

What's the purpose of the ecosystem folder?

I'm installing the freeware "YFLI for Prepar3Dv4" from Fatcatscenery at the moment. In the readme it instructs to install it to the ecosystem folder inside the sims root folder.

As i have nearly all my sceneries organized outside in custom folders the xml-way, i want to do it here as well. Generally it should be no problem as there are just effects,

scenery and texture folders (plus winter and summer textures for manual exchange by user) in this freeware.

So for me it looks like it should be business as usaual to install it outside like i always do it.

But as the readme clearly instructs to install to the ecosystem folder which only reminds me on Aerosoft installs which i indeed keep there, i wonder what might be the purpose

or intention to put this freeware exactly there?

Or even more, what's the general purpose of the ecosystem folder?

Thanks.

My understanding is that Ecosystem folder is dedicated to documentation storage.Some developers put also paintkits. But I don't think it's the right place for scenery.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Good question have wondered about this also, searched but not found any definitive answer, would be good to clarify this, if it is a document folder etc, am curious.  :huh: