Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

The road less traveled - Oregon/Oregon Coast

Flying from Portland Intl, down to Salem, then over to the beautiful Oregon coastline.  We don't see much of beautiful Oregon's scenery here, it is very reminiscent of European landscapes.  Scenery was rendered by Ortho4XP using USA_2 as the source and XPlane11 11.05

John

Cessna_172SP_23.jpg
Cessna_172SP_13.jpg
Cessna_172SP_33.jpg
Cessna_172SP_21.jpg
Cessna_172SP_34.jpg
Cessna_172SP_22.jpg
Cessna_172SP_30.jpg
Cessna_172SP_20.jpg
Cessna_172SP_35.jpg
Cessna_172SP_29.jpg
Cessna_172SP_31.jpg
Cessna_172SP_32.jpg
Cessna_172SP_17.jpg
Cessna_172SP_19.jpg
Cessna_172SP_24.jpg
Cessna_172SP_25.jpg
Cessna_172SP_26.jpg
Cessna_172SP_15.jpg
Cessna_172SP_27.jpg
Cessna_172SP_28.jpg

• Upvote 6

Love the colors, thanks for sharing...

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Great looking shots of Oregon's wonderful coastline...love those!

HLJAMES

Good shots and I enjoy this area. Let me know if you're interested in trying my forest overlay for North America :)

the textures look great but it needs autogen imo.   I like your clouds.  Where do they come from if I may ask?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

Good shots and I enjoy this area. Let me know if you're interested in trying my forest overlay for North America :)

I know I am Tony. Is it available?

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, sightseer said:

the textures look great but it needs autogen imo.   I like your clouds.  Where do they come from if I may ask?

The clouds are standard XPlane clouds, my philosophy if it ain't broke.....  As for another mention of forest overlays, I prefer my photoreal scenery to be open from above.  I normally fly so far above that I am not looking at the trees, just the road ahead and the view way down below.  If I want trees, I fire up the Valley benchmark from UIEngine :)  Lots of trees and flowers there...

interesting...your distant clouds seem to have more definition than mine do.  maybe Ive been running manual weather too long or something.  I thought they looked close but just a bit better than default.  guess I was wrong.

as for not fixing whats not broken, I love to tinker with stuff so even though default can be good, its still fun to do 'different'.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

5 hours ago, sightseer said:

interesting...your distant clouds seem to have more definition than mine do.  maybe Ive been running manual weather too long or something.  I thought they looked close but just a bit better than default.  guess I was wrong.

as for not fixing whats not broken, I love to tinker with stuff so even though default can be good, its still fun to do 'different'.

True, I had to tinker with Xplane a bit before I got it to behave like I wanted it to.  Not too much had some problems with it so members in the Xplane forum told me I just had to look closer at the settings.  The biggest problem was my joystick, it just wasn't beefy enough, so I decided to replace it with the Logitech 3D.  It was meant for both Xplane and P3D.  Installation was a bit of a chore, I had to remove Windows' generic USB controller driver and replace it with Logitech's.  The other major tweak I made was outside of Xplane, I turned off MSI's WAN gaming mode.  It was stealing too many cycles from Xplane and P3D. The performance boost was quite noticeable.  I heard that recommended in another forum, to turn it off.  As for the clouds, all I can say is I maxed everything in Xplane that I possibly could, and I left my Nvidia settings at their default.  I think I also might have left Xplane in Cinema Verite mode, you have to check out their various rendering modes.  There is a lot more stuff to fiddle around with in Xplane than any other sim I've owned.  I still tend to hover towards P3D because I have more payware there.  I may install Carenado's Citation 550 in Xplane, it's my favorite jet in P3D.