Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

FSX crashes when I select the Phenom 100

Every time I select the Phenom 100,  FSX crashes with a fatal error. I have uninstalled the aircraft using windows 7 uninstall program, then downloaded and reinstalled the aircraft. NO fix. I have tried starting FSX with a different FSX default aircraft, the when I switch to the Phenom 100 FSX crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JIm

Same problem here. Since Version 2.1 FSX crashes when loading the Phenom. I found out, that the crash seems to be caused by the file "Gauge_CLOCK_DIG.xml" inside the "GAUGEEMB500.CAB" file. The plane loads successfully in FSX by replacing the file by an older version. However, the G1000 is not working with the older version of the XML, but the planes loads without crashing FSX. I sent a support request to Carenado and they told me that they are going to check that. That's all I know at the moment.

Hi,

I deleted 3 entries in my fsx.cfg. They are the ones with the gauges mentioned. If you search EMB500 in fsx.cfg and delete these  3 entries where you see EMB500  you can select the Phenom in fsx without crashing. (It works for me anyway)

Niels

Hi I am sorry to say the solution failed. Today I started the Phenom and fsx crashes. After a reinstall it worked fine. I could select the Phenom without fsx crashing. After this I closed FSX and started fsx again. When selecting the Phenom FSX crashed again.... I think something is wrong with the loading  of the gauges .

Niels

I had the same problem when I had the Phenom, contacted support, they said that they did not know why FSX was crashing when loading the Phenom. Carenado let me choose another aircraft to replace the Phenom. I selected the 390 Premier, it worked fine the first couple of times that I used it is FSX then I had the same issue as with the Phenom, CTD when trying to load the Premier.

My other Carenado planes work just fine, the Phenom and Premier cause CTD in FSX.

I have not heard of any solution from Carenado!

Problem fixed. I had assumed that when I downloaded the Phenom 100, I received all the required software. However, my problem went away when I re-downloaded the Carenado Navigraph extension pack.  This was always a second download purchase from Carenado. I was wrong in thinking that by downloading the Phenom 100  I had everything I needed.  So even though I reloaded Navigraph latest update I did not see a fix until I re-loaded the carenado extension pack!

I have the same problem with loading the Phenom 300 and the 390 Premier. I went online trying to find an answer and found this forum and thread.  From what I've read it's now a waiting game from the main company Carenado.  Should any news that'll help please post. Thanks,

LJ