Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

A Splash of Paint

Wonderful paint job, Scott! I've really been enjoying it when I can get a short circuit flight in (on study breaks, at least). I'm looking forward to more from you, especially that white, gray, and black livery you posted just above the Tradewinds picture. 

The Red and Cream and Black really makes for a better scheme than the default blue! :-)

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

I'm flattered...

Yep - very cool paint - but black is hard...

Honestly - I would have to re-master the entire paint to do it properly...With black - you would want to lighten all the details so they showed up a better with some contrast on the black paint - in Carenado terms (lack of a paint kit) - that means hand drawing every single line, seam, latch, rivet, and detail - on the entire aircraft all over again... Big difference from what I did - slapping some color on the white model they included... I'll certainly consider it - no promises at this point...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I'm flattered...

Yep - very cool paint - but black is hard...

Honestly - I would have to re-master the entire paint to do it properly...With black - you would want to lighten all the details so they showed up a better with some contrast on the black paint - in Carenado terms (lack of a paint kit) - that means hand drawing every single line, seam, latch, rivet, and detail - on the entire aircraft all over again... Big difference from what I did - slapping some color on the white model they included... I'll certainly consider it - no promises at this point...

Regards,
Scott

Thank you Scott. Just take your time.

Best regards

Real

Real Deraps

Nice job, Scott! Carenado makes it notoriously difficult to do repaints, but I think you knocked it out of the park! 

• Upvote 1

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Hi Trevor,

Thanks so much - glad you like it... Full disclosure - I did cheat a bit with this one though - I used the default blue scheme for reference - LOL - but even so I didn't get the striping right as you can see in my first two shots - so it had to be redone to correct it - pixel by pixel...

Yeah - I've been spoiled by aircraft that come with paint kits...

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Trevor,

Thanks so much - glad you like it... Full disclosure - I did cheat a bit with this one though - I used the default blue scheme for reference - LOL - but even so I didn't get the striping right as you can see in my first two shots - so it had to be redone to correct it - pixel by pixel...

Yeah - I've been spoiled by aircraft that come with paint kits...

Regards,
Scott

Are talking about the Chrono Aviation (the black one)?

Real Deraps

13 hours ago, Lmaire said:

Are talking about the Chrono Aviation (the black one)?

Sorry - no...

Regards,
Scott