Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

X-Plane 11 External Moving Maps

LittleNavMap works no with XP.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

11 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

LittleNavMap works no with XP.

I don't use LittleNavMap, but according to their site it should work:

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

"Support for Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator - Steam Edition, Prepar3D v2, v3, v4 and X-Plane 11 (64 bit)."

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I meant works NOW with XP. Sorry for the typo.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

FS widget GmapHD (Android) has plugins for XPlane and now Aerofly FS2 - runs great on my TAB-A.

Hi Chris,

12 hours ago, ivatt said:

Thanks will give that a try next time I try if I still can't get it working. How good is the moving map?

I like it. Little Navmap will scan your X-Plane data including sceneries like airports and include this information in the map. I really like that I can see the airspaces. When I click inside them, you can look at a list of the existing airspaces at that point with their vertical dimensions. You see your plane plus AI or multiplayer planes, you can choose how often the map moves (e.g. only if it leaves a defined portion of the screen or with every tiny change), can switch off the lock to the plane and move the map around like you want to, etc. The base map is from Openstreetmap.

As the program is easy to install, free and completely inside one directory (okay, three if you count the remote laptop and the plugin directory as well), which need not be installed, just unpacked, I would recommend trying it. Perhaps in a first try only locally and if you like it at least a bit in remote configuration. If not, just throw away the plugin in the installation directory.

Ciao, Björn

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Ihave been singularly unsuccessful in getting any of the suggested applications working across my network.

Plan-G requires the x-plane database to be built but my x-plane is on a separate PC so how do I get the x-plane data into Plan-G and the how to set it up for external running.

Little NavMap is running but in the Flight Simulator Connection options I firstly entered my x-plane PC's name but go host not found error I then changed that to the settings I got when I ran Little Navconnect but got a Connection timeout error.

I also ran Free AirMap but not read the manual properly yet but first sight I haven't found any help on setting it up to run on a separate PC.

External Moving Map has now been updated an runs on my x-plane PC but can't install on my laptop as that is 32 bit and it requires 64 bit.

All very frustrating!!!

Chris

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

20 minutes ago, ivatt said:

I also ran Free AirMap but not read the manual properly yet but first sight I haven't found any help on setting it up to run on a separate PC.

Manual Page 29.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

EFASS has one of the best moving maps that I have tried, Sadly the developer has passed according to reports so no new purchases are available.

5 hours ago, sultanofswing said:

EFASS has one of the best moving maps that I have tried, Sadly the developer has passed according to reports so no new purchases are available.

Looked at EFASS and tried to install EFASS but looks like it's no longer working as online manual not available also wont connect to server so looks a no go so uninstalled!

At the moment the only external moving map that works for me is  X-Mapper TNG on the ipad which is not really ideal.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

9 minutes ago, ivatt said:

Looked at EFASS and tried to install EFASS but looks like it's no longer working as online manual not available also wont connect to server so looks a no go so uninstalled!

Did you read my post before trying it?

Yes, I have seen references to the death of the developer elsewhere (but some people weren't too sure if that was genuine due to the way it had been announced) but as the site seemed to be working OK I thought I would give it a go.

Will have to keep trying in the hope that eventually one of the progs will work across 2 machines.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

On 11/18/2017 at 5:56 PM, hamoody said:

Did you try Plan-G? 

Hi, I have Plan-G on my laptop but how do I create the x-plane database and get it to see x-plane is running on a separate machine ?

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

15 hours ago, pmb said:

Manual Page 29.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael had a look at the manual and found the corresponding .ini file but there is no entry for x-plane. Do I have to add that perhaps after the Flight Gear entry?

Also, can the map be enlarged as it's rather small as it is ideally would like it to fit full screen.

Regards

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0