Sign in to follow this  
simbol

I need to vent!

Simbol,

I assume this is flight number three, (from your original post) your pictures are beautiful and  the lighting effects incredible.

Well done. Glad you got your system sorted. It’s so rewarding getting through a flight uneventful and without computer glitches...

6 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Simbol,

I assume this is flight number three, (from your original post) your pictures are beautiful and  the lighting effects incredible.

Well done. Glad you got your system sorted. It’s so rewarding getting through a flight uneventful and without computer glitches...

Well I tried more flights but were unsuccessful due to Windows 10 blue screen crashes with error code 124.

But now it seems sorted.

Thanks for the compliment about the pictures.

Simbol 

So, the only change I did on my system since the last flight (3 days ago) was a the new Nvidia driver. Running 1080TI. Now, it might be a pure coincidence, since I never flew LEBL-LDDU, but the flight crashed just somewhere above Sicily.

Actually couple of last flights were perfect.

Oh how I hate when things turn for the worse.

Thank God for Veeam Restore...

17 minutes ago, SimonC said:

So, the only change I did on my system since the last flight (3 days ago) was a the new Nvidia driver. Running 1080TI. Now, it might be a pure coincidence, since I never flew LEBL-LDDU, but the flight crashed just somewhere above Sicily.

Actually couple of last flights were perfect.

Oh how I hate when things turn for the worse.

Thank God for Veeam Restore...

Try to update your motherboard bios and drivers.

Simbol 

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Try to update your motherboard bios and drivers.

Simbol 

No. In this case I really prefer a restore. I really didn't have to upgrade, I only did it because I read about no problems from couple of users.

Before I go into further troubleshooting and losing time because for no real reason I want a newer driver, I'll roll back.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

After initial pain I tested, flight - CYVR-OMDB....Long and with all add-ons I have in my PC. Performed very well. Not even small stutter. I have to say didn't had much problems with FSX either, except FPS on add-on APT's. But I guess 64 bit is future either way. 

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

P3D is the most finicky thing I've ever seen. With all the other software running in it and alongside it, it's really a recipe for disaster. One tiny thing goes wrong such as simconnect hiccupping and Bam, there goes hours of work for that flight down the drain. It's really pitiful in this day and age that when I land and shut off P3D on my own terms I consider it a victory. Of course LM says uninstall all add-ons and try again and if course this usually works. But that's stupid IMO because none of us run a vanilla P3D. So many 3rd party scenery and planes make this sim what it is and until LM and 3rd party dev's go about designing and programming this together it will never change and we are left to fend for ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

When I first switched from FSX to Prepar3D, my hope was that many of the add-ons would have been replicated in some way under the umbrella of the main Flight Simulator code base by Prepar3D itself.  I believe this would lead to less bugs because the same development team would be working on, and testing, the code all working together. 

By allowing 3rd party products supply large parts of the functionality, things will never be 100% stable.  20 times a second (or more for some of you), you've got a main loop running through millions of lines of code...in some ways it is a miracle it works at all.

Add in an ever changing Operating System, which seems to continually favor the newest motherboards and BIOS, and you've got yourself setup for a pretty "iffy" set of conditions.

I always reboot my PC prior to any flying, and I would recommend this to anyone else out there too.

Even Froogle on you tube frooglesim once said he generally reserves one day of the week for just "fiddling" with Prepar3D and all the add-ons.   It's a high-maintenance piece of software for certain, but as someone pointed out earlier, when it works it's absolutely stunning and beautiful.

I would like to see Prepar3D bring into the fold a camera system worthy of not requiring an add-on, and a dynamic weather system also worthy of not requiring an add-on.  After that, enhanced scenery and airports.  I suppose the package would cost more but I believe that by having all the software managed from one team, the bugs would be fewer and the platform more stable.

My two cents.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

Its not high maintenance the issues is the developers hardly work with each other and the original source code from aces was left half way through (I believe) whilst LM have done well to make it 64 bit and make it look good (for their own commercial gain) it's the same Hooker, different dress

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, B777ER said:

P3D is the most finicky thing I've ever seen. With all the other software running in it and alongside it, it's really a recipe for disaster. One tiny thing goes wrong such as simconnect hiccupping and Bam, there goes hours of work for that flight down the drain. It's really pitiful in this day and age that when I land and shut off P3D on my own terms I consider it a victory. Of course LM says uninstall all add-ons and try again and if course this usually works. But that's stupid IMO because none of us run a vanilla P3D. So many 3rd party scenery and planes make this sim what it is and until LM and 3rd party dev's go about designing and programming this together it will never change and we are left to fend for ourselves.

I totally agree. I find myself spending way to long trying to get everything working together properly and looking right.

I switch my computer on to be a virtual pilot not to take a crash course in "programming" and editing files and settings half of which I don't fully understand what they actually do.

Frustrating is putting it mildly!

• Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1