Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Fatal Error Vox 7.41

I see that Jose Rubio of fsaerodata confirmed your not the only one with the issue at KSEA.  I don't have a 3rd party version of KSEA, but let me see what I can figure out with the stock version.

It does work at several other airports (EDDF, EDDH, EHAM). Only KSEA with all aircraft and different flight plans. I have installed fsaerodata and talked to Jose on their forum as the Runway Number Update seems not to work on Win 10.

He has the same issue and can reproduce it. So I assume it's one airport in the KSEA vicinity. Only thing I did not try was to disable T2G KSEA.

Open the ADE file and look for various faults like:

1. Orphaned parking spots and taxi links.

2. Taxi Designators that are duplicated, for example, two letter As in the list.

3. A m issing runway start for a runway used for takeoff.

4. Hold points too far from the runway.

5. Overlapping taxi nodes.

6. Disconnected taxi links, for example, a taxiway A with a discontinuity where a segment has a different designator.

You can use the fault finder tool if it's included in your version of ADE.

3rd party airport ADE files are generally quite simple, since much of the graphic detail is accomplished using custom objects.

DomNick,

It looks to me that fsaerodata revised the stock KSEA, first to fix the ILS changes and second to to at least partially accommodate the change of KSEA adding a third parallel runway. In the revision 16L/34R remains the same, 16R/34L becomes 16C/34C and the new runway is 16R/34L. fsaerodata does not physically add the new runways, but at least this creates consistency with newer 3rd party versions of KSEA.

Unfortunately, the runway links on 16C/34C were not updated and are still set as 16L/34R. This may be one reason why VOXATC is confused. It shouldn't care about the stock airport, as long as the 3rd party KSEA is higher priority in your scenery library, but you never know with VOXATC.

Jay

Hi Jay,

it seems I have an issue with my installation of fsaerodata as I experience the same phenomenon at other airports as well until I deactivate fsaerodata.

I have asked Jose about that, we will see.

Thanks,
DomNick

For the time being I have disabled fsaerodata completely. That way at least Voxatc works.

Jose of Fsaerodata has found a solution and with Rev3 it works for me again at KSEA and KJFK. Here is what he wrote

looked for additional duplicates of ICAO identifiers and corrected some of them still present. Nevertheless, there is still a small risk of similar error with VoxATC, especially when working with add-ons which add several airports (e.g. Orbx regions, MyTraffic or similar).

Good to hear, I guess. I've been having problems with my Internet at home, so it took me a while to respond. 

I'm getting an "Error unknown f9 aircraft type."  Could it be that I'm using an addon aircraft?  Sorry for replying to such an old forum - The admin was not happy the last time I reported an issue on an old forum.  

Regards, 

Kevin Davis 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080