Sign in to follow this  
samwilliams8

RESOLVED P3Dv4 CTD on Change Airport

Hi There 

I have just installed P3D v4.1 again after I had some FTX vector issues, but not I am unable to change airport, both from the start up screen or within the game itself. I can load into the default location and any plane, but as soon as I select change airport and then hit "OK" it crashes to desktop with no error. See video showing the issue, 

Any advise, I am on Windows 7 Pro,  Intel Core i7 6700K - 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Memory - 2TB SATA Hard Drive - 500GB SSD  - Asus Strix OC GTX 1070. 

Nvidia Driver - 388.0

8 hours ago, samwilliams8 said:

I have just installed P3D v4.1 again after I had some FTX vector issues

Did you backup your scenery.cfg?  If you reinstall P3D, it will overwrite any previous version.  Most scenery programs for P3DV4 have a addon.xml.  Is it corrupted?  Did you check the Addon Organizer to make sure all of your sceneries are properly installed?  If the Scenery.cfg is not coded properly, it will cause a crash.  Same goes with any addon.xml.  Have to be encoded properly.  Could be that.  If it is Heathrow, I would reinstall the scenery.  Make sure it is compatible with P3DV4.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 11/19/2017 at 4:31 AM, samwilliams8 said:

Hi There 

I have just installed P3D v4.1 again after I had some FTX vector issues, but not I am unable to change airport, both from the start up screen or within the game itself. I can load into the default location and any plane, but as soon as I select change airport and then hit "OK" it crashes to desktop with no error. See video showing the issue, 

Any advise, I am on Windows 7 Pro,  Intel Core i7 6700K - 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Memory - 2TB SATA Hard Drive - 500GB SSD  - Asus Strix OC GTX 1070. 

Nvidia Driver - 388.0

Hi,

Does it happens with any airport? Is this a fresh install of PD3V4 ? Or an upgrade?

I had a similar problem after upgrading from V4 to V4.1 I had to rebuild my PD3.cfg files.

Simbol 

Me too. I've had enough of simulators. Just wasted a boatload of money on ORBX and P3Dv4 and I can't even select an airport. To hell with it. I'm looking for a new hobby. After 35 years on sims, I'm DONE.

Unfortunately, I've noticed some problem systems simply installed FSX scenery (or other addon) which unknowing is not compatible with P3D and upsets the scenery cfg. If this is scenery packs supposed to work with P3D then that's a worry. P3D alone is, however, quite reliable.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I would suspect an encoding problem with the Orbx scenery.  If it happens with non-Orbx airports, then check the encoding for those airports in Lorby-Si's Add-on Organizer.  The fact the OP reinstalled P3Dv4 to fix his problem indicates to me encoding issues. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10