Hi,

I just installed a LG 34uc79g-b monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1080 pixels. I read now in the forum that guys are running this monitor with a resolution of 3440x1980.

How do you set this resolution up? (Graphic Card?)

My system: WIN10; I5-6600; MoBo: LGA1151; GTX 960 4GB;

The resolution setting in windows and FSX is the same (2560x1080). But it seems like the edges of anything displayed is very pixelized.

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

1 hour ago, Juergen said:

I read now in the forum that guys are running this monitor with a resolution of 3440x1980.

How do you set this resolution up? (Graphic Card?)

The problem with setting something other than the native monitor resolution is that the screen image will almost certainly look worse. You are trying to make one physical pixel represent more than one pixel generated by the graphics card so it will always look less detailed and fuzzy compared to native.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

3 hours ago, Juergen said:

I just installed a LG 34uc79g-b monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1080 pixels. I read now in the forum that guys are running this monitor with a resolution of 3440x1980.

The resolution setting in windows and FSX is the same (2560x1080). But it seems like the edges of anything displayed is very pixelized.

Your problem is no doubt incorrect (or no) anti-aliasing. As for the resolution, you don't get something for nothing so leave it as it is. I think some people run nvidia's 'dynamic super resolution', which has FSX render the image larger and then down-samples it for the monitor. It's just a different way of doing anti-aliasing. For starters just make sure anti-aliasing is turned on in FSX and you shouldn't be seeing jagged edges.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro