Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

A little nebwie help using Thrustmaster Throttle and Linda to control NGX 737

Dear flightfriends,

Newbie to NGX 737 and jetplanes in general here......

Last week I have been setting up my NGX 737 in p3dv4 combined with FSUIPC and LINDA. I want to use my Thrustmaster Throttle/CH eclipse Yoke and VKB Rudder pedals as controls.

I got a bit stuck yesterday in trying to set up Linda and the NGX profile that is available. Is that Linda profile also directly usable for my hardware or do I have to set up the controls myself. I'm a bit confused about the NGX Linda profile and what it can exactly do for me. I mean, are there command directly binded to my Throttle or do I have to assign them myself. If so, what is the use of using Linda in the first place?

Is there someone who has a Warthog throttle profile for Linda that I can use. I'm having enough trouble in learning the ngx 737 allready ;)

Is there some kind of overview of essential NGX controls and the best way to configure them to my warthog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

Jozeff

Hi Jozeff,

Why not asking these questions in the forum of LINDA : https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/

Go to the support Forum here : https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/429-linda-support/

As to your question: once you uploaded the module for the NGX you still have to assign the different functions to each button of your HOTAS of wathever hardware you using.

And that is for every user different, you have to feel yourself what button does what function.

Bear in mind only knobs and buttons are assigned by Linda, NOT axises!

Chech for sure the manuals you will find in the forum here: 

If you still have problem on that Linda-forum, there is a very good support:ha:

I'm using both, Thrustmaster thottle and PMDG in combination with FSUIPC. All set up and working fine, but i don't use LINDA at all.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

O yes, it should work fine without Linda.

But to my experience Linda is mutch more user friendly ...

My Warthog HOTAS and Saitek pedals are all three assigned and calibrated in P3D.  I don't understand why the simplest solution isn't the best.

I do use FSUIPC but only to translate button/switch actions to key commands for use in PMDG custom command bindings.  Otherwise, the P3D controller interface recognizes all axis and switches on the controllers.  If you want to do something more exotic, such as use a slider for spoilers in jets but for propeller pitch in props then you simply save the P3D controls setup and reload it as needed.  Of course, there are things you can do with scripting languages that you cannot do with the simplest approach, such as reverse thrust modulation, but for the average user I promote the simple method.  Makes it easy to troubleshoot when things don't work as expected.

Dan Downs KCRP