Sign in to follow this  
tull

Upgrade my Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Hi

My Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB  it’s an old card and it needs  an upgrade I’m sure you will agree but I am on a really tight budget, can you advise me on what Graphics Card I should get please. I fly mainly X-Plane 11.

Processor is a Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor

Thank you

regards Paul EGCC 

Regards

Paul EGCC

From what they tell me here, GeForce GTX 560 Ti is all you need for FSX and a better card will not help FSX.  Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

It will help other games, some of which won't even run on GTX 560 Ti. 

For instance Real Flight 8 will run fine on GeForce GTX560 Ti. But Real Flight X needs nVidia GTX 1060 (even though the makers Great Planes says lesser cards will work with version X, they really don't work well enough).

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGWCM&P=ML

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGFRB&P=ML

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The OP flies X-Plane, not FSX... and a better card will indeed help  :cool:

Bert

Yes I can run P3Dv4 pretty well on the 560 but it’s struggling in X-Plane 11

Regards

Paul EGCC

I am not an XPlane guy, but I understand that more video memory will really help..

I would start with a 1050Ti and aim for a 1070, budget permitting..

Bert

Having the same thoughts as the 'OP', but haven't a clue about modern graphics card technologies.  If I went shopping for a 1050 ti, what sort would be good, or even best?  When I look on eBay (UK) I see some with one fan, some with 2, and of course the usual range of manufacturers.  Is there a recommended or preferred 1050 ti and why do some have 2 fans and others not?

Also, my existing Radeon 7850 shows tearing when I pan around, because I have never got Vsync to work even having all the right fsx.cfg entries and tried the tricks using enhanced drivers etc.  Does the 1050 ti suffer from 'tearing'?

Thank you,.

The manufacturer does not really matter... whatever you are comfortable with and what you can get a good deal on.  I like EVGA and Asus..  They each have their own design teams, to make their cards look "distinctive".. :cool:

As for tearing, that is not determined by the card.. but your sim and the video driver.

Bert

4 hours ago, gliderdriver said:

Does the 1050 ti suffer from 'tearing'?

Any system, no matter what the graphics card, can suffer from tearing. It's caused by the difference between monitor refresh rate and FPS in-game and even the most capable card wouldn't necessarily prevent it. Using one of the various vsync options stops tearing.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit