Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Back in time for breakfast Mr. President.

Try again... over breakfast...

2017-11-19_13-25-29-559.jpg

2017-11-19_13-25-33-952.jpg

...it was dark last time, and all big white buildings look the same to a tourist in DC! I made sure the prop tips were supersonic at least!

Now i know how one of those poor, undeducated American citizens feels when they can't find England on a map (no, not New England!!) :blush:

Wow! They've sure let the property go since I last saw it on TV - look at the grounds - Agent Oranged to death!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

33 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

...it was dark last time, and all big white buildings look the same to a tourist in DC! I made sure the prop tips were supersonic at least!

Now i know how one of those poor, undeducated American citizens feels when they can't find England on a map (no, not New England!!) :blush:

Wow! They've sure let the property go since I last saw it on TV - look at the grounds - Agent Oranged to death!

LOL, when i worked out of Gaithersburg Maryland from 93-95, I'd go into DC on my weekends when I was in town.  I went with a bunch of buddies to the White House, when the Clintons and Socks the Cat were in office.  We all stood at the fence on PA Ave saying "here kitty kitty".  Guess a lot of people must do that, because no guard came over to bug us.  Then we pushed things a bit too far, we went to the Old Post Office for lunch.  We were all so animated and talking about work, that the waitress came over and asked us what we did for a living (we were Unix system deployers).  A friend named Doug spoke up and before we could get a word in edgewise, he told them we were a team of plastic surgeons meant to operate on Chelsea Clinton.  I did not like that one so much, I found her young, but quite pretty to this day.  But it made the waitress contort with confusion, she fell for it!  One of our female colleagues was what I call socially smart, just a beautiful personality, but she was not well educated on the capitol, just like your post suggest us Yankees don't know much about England (was just there).  She gazed at the Washington Monument and said, in her southern bell accent: "Waht's that tall whate pointy thang".  My friend Doug jumped in and said it was the: Department of Interior Decorators.  Don't think she fell for that one.......  Sigh, the innocence of us all.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

....just like your post suggest us Yankees don't know much about England (was just there). ....

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at all Yankees, John. No, I was just meaning that the are more than a few whose geographical prowess is way below my level! :cool: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FVq53pcos

I really want to go and have a word with this young lady's school teacher! I really do feel sorry for her lack of education.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

59 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

...it was dark last time, and all big white buildings look the same to a tourist in DC!!

Well, it was us Brits who caused them to paint the place white in the first place, so your countrymen helped you a bit in locating it lol.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ooooh. I'd so pay for an addon that added Secret Service guys with Stingers on the roof with animated launches coming your way when you broke the perimeter!                                  

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve - that would be fun! I would too! See if the old gal can dodge one at least. I would hope the perimeter encompasses Ronald Reagan airport... You can get awfully close by taking off from there. I would also imagine that the airport security is far better than normal airports..

Does DCS have ground to air systems and Washington scenery??

Mark Robinson

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at all Yankees, John. No, I was just meaning that the are more than a few whose geographical prowess is way below my level! :cool: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FVq53pcos

I really want to go and have a word with this young lady's school teacher! I really do feel sorry for her lack of education.

The video is obviously just poking fun, I did not take it seriously for a second!  She's a fine actress.   My own daughter used to post vids like this all the time, practicing her acting, she'd get mad at me if I caught her before she was ready.  She has grown up to be an actress now, both my wife and I had a strong arts background.  We both performed on stage, me singing and playing the keys, she danced and sang.  My daughter caught that from both of us.  On Tuesdays and Saturdays here in Phoenix you might catch me singing karaoke at our local hangout.  That is, if I can pull my head away from the sims long enough.

• Upvote 1