Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

QW 757 for v4?

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah Dan when I saw that I was in disbelief.  As much as I loved the LDS crew for how they revolutionized accurate airliner simming, I can't believe anything I see from them anymore after the yet-again silence after that brief blip in the historical timeline of the 757 project (It's now a decades-old work in progress at this point?).  I really wish they'd bite the bullet like QW did with the fantasy 737 project and just call it off. 

Not sure now if its a matter of pride, stubbornness or indifference that is driving that decision.  One thing is for sure we're free to speculate all we want...they'll never come here and set the record straight.

I agree. I stopped going too there forums months ago. The developer has a serious attitude from reading some of his post. Level-D should have shut down years ago while they still had a solid reputation.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm fairly convinced there is some sort of covert competition between Level-D and Aerosoft to see who can take longest to do stuff, it was all going so well for Aerosoft, but then they dropped the ball by actually releasing their CRJ, probably owing to a clerical error. The staff on the counter at my local Sainsbury's may also be in that competition. :cool:

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

All of the above? It may just be that if they cancel it now, they’ll never live it down and will almost certainly lose all respect from the community on future projects.

I think its a little too late for them. 10 years ago Level-D was a community name for quality, a must have. Now, well you know the deal. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

I agree. I stopped going too there forums months ago. The developer has a serious attitude from reading some of his post. Level-D should have shut down years ago while they still had a solid reputation.

I stopped visiting regularly there years ago.  I went to their forum here recently only to help a simmer looking for an AA paint.  Mine is still here in the Avsim library (my most popular paint to date with over 17k downloads), so I pointed him to it.

And to be clear, the dev team as a whole is very nice and were great to interact with back in the day.  It's the forum mod that was brought on later that everyone seems to be in contention with.  He became the "voice" of LDS and seemed to have his own agenda when replying to customers and that sadly is now how most customers believe the whole staff is like now.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

There's no better B767 simulation available for the FSX/P3D market than the Level-D's.  It has worked as expected from the beginning.  What it didn't have when released is the visual level of details available in today's similar products.  But that's not related to the product quality.  If they were to only update the 767 visual appearance and re-release, it would still be the best, works-as-expected, B767 simulation on FSX/P3D.  

P.S.  Agree on their forum moderator.  Wish the quality of his function equaled their product.  

• Upvote 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

21 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I stopped visiting regularly there years ago.  I went to their forum here recently only to help a simmer looking for an AA paint.  Mine is still here in the Avsim library (my most popular paint to date with over 17k downloads), so I pointed him to it.

And to be clear, the dev team as a whole is very nice and were great to interact with back in the day.  It's the forum mod that was brought on later that everyone seems to be in contention with.  He became the "voice" of LDS and seemed to have his own agenda when replying to customers and that sadly is now how most customers believe the whole staff is like now.

If your referring to the grumpy dude, than yes he has become the voice of Level-D. His interaction with customers is one of the worst in the community. Just reading his replies in the forums paints a negative picture for the company. 

• Upvote 2

Dan

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

CaptainSim has been showing what appears to be a 757 or 767 on there FaceBook page the last few days. I actually like the CS757 over the QW757. 

Sweet! Didnt see this coming and their p3d v4 updates list didnt mention a 767/57 but the pictures clue in to one of the two. Cant believe no one has jumped on this massive gap in the modern day flight simming other than the FF for XP ones.  Such a huge opportunity and lots would be a potential customer for these two aircraft.  Just hope its of decent quality and not full of bugs.  As in newly developed 757/67 rather than just a port with some updated pretty graphic textures. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Yep, it’s in beta at the moment.

Yeah...beta.  "Beta" be willing to wait a life time.  I expect by the time they release it for P3Dv4, we will have been using P3Dv10.5 for about a year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, signmanbob said:

Yeah...beta.  "Beta" be willing to wait a life time.  I expect by the time they release it for P3Dv4, we will have been using P3Dv10.5 for about a year.

LOL... That's my fear as well...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I'm fairly convinced there is some sort of covert competition between Level-D and Aerosoft to see who can take longest to do stuff, it was all going so well for Aerosoft, but then they dropped the ball by actually releasing their CRJ, probably owing to a clerical error. The staff on the counter at my local Sainsbury's may also be in that competition. :cool:

Sarcasm fits so nice on us, don't it Alan.:laugh:

• Upvote 1

Speaking of the CRJ, didn’t Mathijs use them releasing it in an argument about Brussels? :laugh:

To me the lack of a 757/767 in p3dv4 is the biggest airliner gap we have...hopefully we’ll see them in v4 soon.  Especially since we now have payware KMEM and KSDF cargo hubs...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The first Dev to come out with a quality 757/767 for P3Dv4 will make some serious return on their investment. The community is hurting for one of the above.

• Upvote 2

Dan

3 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I don’t usually go for Captainsim products, but if it’s indeed a 757 or a 767 for v4, they’ll have a new customer.

+1
Already own both the 757 and 767 from CS, but haven't flown them since i purchased them like 3-4 years ago. But my sim desperately needs a 757.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The first Dev to come out with a quality 757/767 for P3Dv4 will make some serious return on their investment. The community is hurting for one of the above.

Indeed.

• Upvote 1