Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

QW 757 for v4?

Hello,

Does anyone know if QW has said anything about making their 757 compatible with v4?
Just tried installing it in v4, but i only get the exterior, VC is missing completely.

Cheers.

At some point I think they might. You know, in about a decade, when they've completed the QW 787 for P3Dv4...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

At some point I think they might. You know, in about a decade, when they've completed the QW 787 for P3Dv4...

Well, guess i'll just wait for that to happen. As it is the best quality 757 out there. 
Seriously hope we'll get a pmdg quality 757 some day :) 

3 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

Well, guess i'll just wait for that to happen. As it is the best quality 757 out there. 
Seriously hope we'll get a pmdg quality 757 some day :) 

We will if Level-D deliver!

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

Did i miss something? Is Level-D developing a 757?

Just now, Norwegian said:

Yep, it’s in beta at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I want to see it, before I believe it.
Hasn't that thing been in 'development' for the last 10 years, or something?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

The Level-D 757 was briefly shown on a display during the last FlightSim Con. Since than there has been no word, reviews or images of the LDS757. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.  

https://fselite.net/news/fscon-2017-news-flight1-previewing-level-d-757-200/

5 months ago it was stated that the 757 was 80% complete. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

Yup, they began developing it just after the Wright Bros made that Kittyhawk flight if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 10

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

in about a decade

That's a pretty optimistic timeline! :biggrin:

They have not really said one way or another if they'll update the 757 for V4.  One thing is quite certain though.  Unless they change any priorities in their current roadmap....you will not see an update for the 757 for at least 2 years (unless they just do a straight port with no improvements, which I'd pass on anyway.  And remember if its going to be a free update, that means no money...sooooo.....work on a project that will bring in money, or...well you know).

I don't suspect they'll do to many more patches to the FSX-only 787 this year (or any at all) now that the holiday season is upon us.  And the Service pack they keep referring to would have to be months away based on their history and part-time nature.  Then there is the P3dV4 version of the 787, at least at year (or 2) in the making if I'd have to guess (again, with P3dv4 enhancements vs a straight port).

So if they even tacked the 757 after the 787 (they could explore the 146 as an update as well), you're still looking at a few years.   Sounds pretty pessimistic until you consider what their past history has shown, and then it actually looks pretty realistic vs  pessimistic.

In other words....you'll have a better chance at a new 757 from another quality developer than getting one from them in the next few years.  I'd love to be totally wrong as I'd like a 757 in V4 too, but only time will tell.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

CaptainSim has been showing what appears to be a 757 or 767 on there FaceBook page the last few days. I actually like the CS757 over the QW757. 

• Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

CaptainSim has been showing what appears to be a 757 or 767 on there FaceBook page the last few days. I actually like the CS757 over the QW757. 

I don’t usually go for Captainsim products, but if it’s indeed a 757 or a 767 for v4, they’ll have a new customer.

4 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The Level-D 757 was briefly shown on a display during the last FlightSim Con. Since than there has been no word, reviews or images of the LDS757. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. 

Yeah Dan when I saw that I was in disbelief.  As much as I loved the LDS crew for how they revolutionized accurate airliner simming, I can't believe anything I see from them anymore after the yet-again silence after that brief blip in the historical timeline of the 757 project (It's now a decades-old work in progress at this point?).  I really wish they'd bite the bullet like QW did with the fantasy 737 project and just call it off. 

Not sure now if its a matter of pride, stubbornness or indifference that is driving that decision.  One thing is for sure we're free to speculate all we want...they'll never come here and set the record straight.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I want to see it, before I believe it.
Hasn't that thing been in 'development' for the last 10 years, or something?!

Yeah, pretty much. People were asking when it was going to be released back in 2009 or 2010 I beleive :laugh:

Just now, Steve Dra said:

Not sure now if its a matter of pride, stubbornness or indifference that is driving that decision.  One thing is for sure we're free to speculate all we want...they'll never come here and set the record straight.

All of the above? It may just be that if they cancel it now, they’ll never live it down and will almost certainly lose all respect from the community on future projects.