Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Save/Load Flight Scenario in P3Dv4.1

When I load a saved flight situation sometimes the panel does not load correctly (EFIS, EICAS, ... remain black) because the green indicated initializing phase is somehow bypassed. It does not matter from where I do load the situation - either directly from the P3D opening screen or after having loaded P3D default flight. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. It is totally random, no matter what a/c, no matter what situation (cruise or approach) no matter what (situation)time no matter what place. Overall I would say I have only a 50% chance that it loads correctly. How could I increase it. What could be the reason? Just to mention, I save my flight situation via P3D menu as I did in P3Dv3, where I had no such problems.

I would be very thankful for any advises!

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You didn't mention so I have to ask are you loading the scenario in a new P3D session from the Select Scenario screen?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 11/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, downscc said:

You didn't mention so I have to ask are you loading the scenario in a new P3D session from the Select Scenario screen?

I start a new P3D session. Then I load the scenario from Select Scenario screen. The other way, I start a new P3D session, start default flight (with p3d default a/c) and then, when this has loaded, I choose my saved scenario via P3D menu. Oddities happen randomly either way.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I routinely, almost every session, start my sessions with a pre-saved scenario.  I'll have a problem with maybe one in a hundred or more.  If you are starting with previously saved panel states when you set up a scenario maybe there is something there that doesn't save and reload as expected.  Most of my scenarios place the aircraft at the gate in a turn around state, and I have my own turn around panel state files I load when creating a new scenario. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

My first thoughts, confirming you are trying to load a pre-saved P3Dv4 scenario? I have had almost 100% success when loading the scenario from the Select Scenario Screen. For some reason, I have less success when loading a scenario when I have an a/c loaded at an airport.  And yes, when I do get a load error, I do not get the initializing phase. 

Geoff Bryce

Yes, it is all about loading pre-saved P3Dv4 scenarios. Maybe I should add, that many of my pre-saved scenarios were saved during flight phase (cruise or approach). It are exactly those which randomly don't load correctly. With scenarios that were saved while a/c on ground, I don't have any problems.

- Harry 

Hi Harry, as I type this I had loaded a saved scenario I had flown last night, but alas, it had FMC errors on this load I just tried. I shut down and restarted P3D, reloaded the scenario, and the same errors were there in the flight plan..and it would not let me reset the FMC as some parts of it frozen!!...so, some how in the last flight, I must have 'damaged' the flight plan, or the panel state was not happy on exit. So, I am in the process now of setting the 777 for a flight and re-save it and see how this works.  

Geoff Bryce

Geoff,

this sounds strange too. Overall, I think PMDG became very sensitive when loading pre-saved flight scenarios, especially when they were recorded during flight (cruise or approach). With P3Dv3/PMDG I had no such problems.

I also think that in most cases it is rather related to the loading process than to the saving process. Otherwise I could not explain why loading a specific pre-saved situation works sometimes and somtimes it does not.

- Harry 

Hi,

I am occasionally observing the same issue: No green initialization bar and then all black displays. It seems to be happening more often with the 737 than the 747 though. And it is only there since v4/4.1. And a saved flight that shows the problem may load perfectly well on another day.

I hope someone finds a fix for this...

Best regards

Matthias

44 minutes ago, lnx686 said:

Hi,

I am occasionally observing the same issue: No green initialization bar and then all black displays. It seems to be happening more often with the 737 than the 747 though. And it is only there since v4/4.1. And a saved flight that shows the problem may load perfectly well on another day.

I hope someone finds a fix for this...

Best regards

Matthias

I would like to hear an official statement from PMDG stuff... or maybe we should open a support ticket to provide better information for the PMDG team.

- Harry 

It seems PMDG does not care about this issue. Disappointing.

- Harry 

14 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It seems PMDG does not care about this issue. Disappointing.

This is a user to user forum. If you want to receive official support then the correct way is via the support portal and opening a ticket with us.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Nemo, I am having this problem too.  PMDG are looking into it (via a support ticket) but it may take some time.

In the meantime, these steps will help you load the flight (somehow figured out by another forum member!):

1) Remove the relevant ".sav" file from the Prepar3D v4\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState folder

2) Load the flight from the P3D menu

3) The aircraft will load up in default state.  Press "Y" for slew mode while it does that.  Stay in slew mode until further instructed to leave it.

4) Once loaded, put the gear up.

5) Replace the ".sav" file to the PanelState folder

5) Load the panel state using the FMC.

6) Exit slew mode.

Notes:

1) The aircraft may go a little crazy for a few seconds (i.e. climb/descend a few hundred feet), but it will load fine and within a few seconds all is back to normal. 

2) Check that your gear is up and ignore any EICAS messages, they will go away within a few seconds.

I don't know if these instructions are worth pinning in the 747 forum?  Some forum users seem to be having issues, and I can tell you, until I found this technique (discovered by another forum member), it was very frustrating!